“Great Motel, Great Price, Great Staff, and Tidy Room.”
Review of Motel 6 Waukegan

Motel 6 Waukegan
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Orlando, FL
“Great Motel, Great Price, Great Staff, and Tidy Room.”
Reviewed October 24, 2009

My wife and I stayed in this Motel 6 from 08 Oct 2009 to 13 Oct 2009 (We are in Orlando, FL). We went to my son's Graduation Ceremony in Navy Base. (about 15 mins from this motel to Navy Base).
We chose this motel because the pricing was acceptable - $47.99 per night. for non-smoking , one kingsize bedroom (We have the discount in Courtyard by Marriotte but it was still $99.99 per night after math - We are not picky that is why we chose The Motel 6). The first thing supprised us is the room (up stair) very very clean, non-smoking, this room has microwave and refri. ; All of Staff are friendly and expert in their jobs (such as internet fields, paper work, organization, management, time to service 24/7). Coffee 24/7, no breakfast. I owned this motel nothing but I feel happy to this motel so I want to share with you about it.
There are few things need to be dealed,
- No elevator in this motel. Make sure you can carry your luggages go upstair / or asking for downstair room.
- If you need a room has Refri. and Microwave better than make a reservation AND ASKING FOR THOSE. If you do not need Refri. n Microwave then no need to make a room reservation, JUST WALK-IN.
- Remote control for T.V. need to uncoding by staff before using.
- The Day that you go to Graduation Ceremony (always FRI) need to go erlier at least 1 and 1/2 hours before the Ceremony. There are really heavy traffic because every week about 1,000+ (one thousand and up) sailors graduated their boot camp.
- DO NOT take the picture or movies after you get in the parking lot inside the Navy Base.
- Need to walk about an haft of mile from parking lot to the HALL.
- No Pet.
- No swimming in this season ( too cold for us)
- Make sure get warm in Winter (check the weather first - bring umbrella, warm clothers if needed)
- Prepare some cash ( about $200.00 ) for the one who graduatde boot camp. He/she really needs it to spend after leaving the Navy Base (moving to new base) and before you can ship everything belong to his/her to him/her.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank dang8205

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 4, 2009

I booked two nights here based upon the glowing recommendations of the other reviewers. However, I left after the first night for other digs. First of all, after reserving a king no smoking, upon arrival I was informed there was only two double beds non smoking available. I settled for that room. The quality of the accommodations here leaves much to be desired. Thin mattresses and small pillows, thin walls, and noise literally from all sides and above until almost 5 a.m., that foul cheap motel smell in the hallway, all detract from this facility. For about $50 bucks a night it would have been nice if I could have slept, but I didn't, due to the lack of comfort and noise levels.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mooseman_7

Travelers are raving about these Waukegan hotels

Evansville, IN
Reviewed April 8, 2009

Even after going through several good reviews about this hotel, we still weren't sure if we wanted to stay here or not. But we were a bit tight on money and this was the only hotel that offered rates as low as $50 per night. Anyways, I really recommed this hotel to all the parents attending the RTC graduation because of their lower rates, friendly and professional staff, cleanliness of rooms and great and convienint location. All the other hotels in the area were way overpriced. If you rather pay $50 more a night just to get lousy breakfast and shuttle to the graduation then this is not the place for you.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Washington
Reviewed April 7, 2009

I was struggling with not being able to afford the trip from Seattle, WA to Great Lakes, IL for my son's graduation from Navy boot camp on April 03, 2009 because of all the costs involved. I finally found a good deal for my granddaughter and I on the Empire Builder Amtrak train that was a great trip and worth every penny. Then we caught the Metra train from Chicago to Waukegan for only $4.50 each and after a quick trip in an inexpensive taxi arrived at our hotel accommodations, the Motel 6 on North Green Bay Road, Waukegan. The motel is a very short 4.3 miles from the base and the graduation. We went through the doors into the clean and spacious Motel 6 lobby, so tired from the train rides in desperate need of showers and rest. The very friendly and professional front desk clerk was right there to greet us. This young man was the best hotel desk clerk I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with. He confirmed my reservation and showed me the room without hesitation. The room was extremely convenient in location and just beautiful. It was spotlessly clean, comfortable, with everything we required and more. We were completely checked in very quickly and darn near ran for our room. We settled in, showered in the spotless well-stocked bathroom that had plenty of hot water and the best water pressure, much better than I even have at home. Once clean and comfortable I was able to spread out my laptop and paperwork on the very large desk supplied in the room, plug in my laptop and instantly had an excellent wireless WIFI connection with great internet speed. Perfect!!! I had friends, also in town for their son's Navy boot camp graduation that stayed across the street at the very expensive Ramada, mainly for the indoor pool their daughter needed. Even if I had wanted an indoor pool it would have been only for me because my son wanted to GO SOMEWHERE after he graduated, not swim in a hotel pool after being required to swim for God knows how long and how far to graduate from the Naval boot camp. Summer time, outside, in the beautiful weather in a nice, outdoor, heated pool would be a whole different story and the Motel 6 has that covered with a very nice outdoor heated pool. My friends paid MORE than double what I paid at the Motel 6. Their promised WIFI did not work in their room, which was on purposely close to the location of the hotel's modem. They felt their rooms were not what was expected and it was not worth the difference they were paying above what I was paying and these are not hard to please people. I needed to stay longer at the Motel 6 due to a change in my son's liberty and orders before leaving for A School and the hotel worked with me for a great rate for more days. The cleaning service is extremely good and anything you need the staff will go out of their way to get for you. They do not have a shuttle to the graduation but they do have a business contact that has a shuttle service to the graduation for a very reasonable rate. I needed a rental car due to my longer stay, receiving an excellent deal through the Hertz office in Waukegan, so did not use the shuttle to the graduation. If not for this hotel I would not have been able to see my son's graduation, as the whole trip would have been too expensive. It would have been something that would have tortured me forever to not be able to be there for my son and witness this life-changing event and I am eternally grateful to Motel 6 Waukegan for making it possible. It's not a Hilton or a Ramada with all the fluff that costs so much extra but it serves its purpose and does it beautifully. I cannot recommend it any higher. The hotel has been completely and obviously renovated and an excellent job was done. It is quiet, immaculately clean, very comfortable rooms, great location, and excellent staff, worth 10 stars in a 5 star system!!! When calling and speaking to Melvin, Romin or especially Abdul, just tell them Fay and Alicia sent you. You’ll be in the best hands.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank FCBA95
marion, in
Reviewed August 22, 2008

I read reviws on tripadvisor and found them to be very helpful.
This location had the best reviews of all the hotels availible for less than $100. per nite. We booked the rooms thru the motel6 site. $49. per room per nite. Clean and comfortible. Nothing fancy, or special, so dont compare it to the Marriott, but has a nice outdoor pool, close to six flags, and no COMPLAINTS FROM MY PICKIE FAMILY.
great value for the money...
enjoy your stay.

• Liked — clean and well kept... the price is right.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank thomallet
philadelphia
Reviewed July 25, 2008

First of all, let me tell you this. Don't be fooled by the negetive reviews about this hotel. It has been completely renovated and whatever apollock0124 said in his/her review is 100% accurate.

This is a great place to stay for families going to the Great America. The rooms are clean and modern and the staff is very friendly and professional. I normally do not write reviews but I felt like I owed this one to them. I was really scared reading all the reviews on expedia and other websites but they were the only ones left with rooms for that weekend. They allow pets, but the rooms never smelled like animals. They have outdoor pool but it's kept well clean and it's also heated. My main concern was if the area is safe. It could have been one of the safest motel in the area. It was absolutely amazing. There are plenty of places to eat and things to do (shopping, movies, etc) nearby. The staff is amazing!! The room was very cosy and comfortable for a family of 4 and it was clean and the bathroom was clean too. We got the best house keeping service one can ask for. Couldn't ask for more. I give them 5 Stars!! I would definitely recommend this hotel for everyone.

• Liked — Price, Staff, Rooms, Location, Services EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — Snack machine was broken, but wasn't their fault!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Jkenny05
chicago
Reviewed January 10, 2008

The hotel looked brand new, completely remodeled. rooms were very clean, staff very friendly and helpful. the price for the room was afordable 49.99 plus tax compared to surrounding hotels, Ramada, super 8, comfort inn best western whose prices ranged from 69.00-120.00 for a single room. I was especially impressed with the free wireless internet and 24hr free coffee, and the outdoor pool was very well kept and clean.
and i found out while staying there that the hotel will be converting into a Motel 6 very soon.

The hotel and its staff made our vacation a very wounderful experience. Thank You.
The Ostrolencki Family

• Liked — staff and cleaness and rates
  • Disliked — nothing