My wife and I stayed in this Motel 6 from 08 Oct 2009 to 13 Oct 2009 (We are in Orlando, FL). We went to my son's Graduation Ceremony in Navy Base. (about 15 mins from this motel to Navy Base).
We chose this motel because the pricing was acceptable - $47.99 per night. for non-smoking , one kingsize bedroom (We have the discount in Courtyard by Marriotte but it was still $99.99 per night after math - We are not picky that is why we chose The Motel 6). The first thing supprised us is the room (up stair) very very clean, non-smoking, this room has microwave and refri. ; All of Staff are friendly and expert in their jobs (such as internet fields, paper work, organization, management, time to service 24/7). Coffee 24/7, no breakfast. I owned this motel nothing but I feel happy to this motel so I want to share with you about it.
There are few things need to be dealed,
- No elevator in this motel. Make sure you can carry your luggages go upstair / or asking for downstair room.
- If you need a room has Refri. and Microwave better than make a reservation AND ASKING FOR THOSE. If you do not need Refri. n Microwave then no need to make a room reservation, JUST WALK-IN.
- Remote control for T.V. need to uncoding by staff before using.
- The Day that you go to Graduation Ceremony (always FRI) need to go erlier at least 1 and 1/2 hours before the Ceremony. There are really heavy traffic because every week about 1,000+ (one thousand and up) sailors graduated their boot camp.
- DO NOT take the picture or movies after you get in the parking lot inside the Navy Base.
- Need to walk about an haft of mile from parking lot to the HALL.
- No Pet.
- No swimming in this season ( too cold for us)
- Make sure get warm in Winter (check the weather first - bring umbrella, warm clothers if needed)
- Prepare some cash ( about $200.00 ) for the one who graduatde boot camp. He/she really needs it to spend after leaving the Navy Base (moving to new base) and before you can ship everything belong to his/her to him/her.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel 6 Waukegan is conveniently located near Six Flags Great America, The Great Lakes Naval Training Center, Gurnee Mills Mall, and Lake County Fairgrounds. A season outdoor heated pool, Free Wi-Fi, and truck parking available. Modern rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Motel-6 and Priceline so you can book your Motel 6 Waukegan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel Six Waukegan
- Waukegan Motel Six
- Waukegan Motel 6