“Very Good Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We came for dinner at a dark November night and the parking lot and area in front of the main entrance was poorly lit. The valet parking functioned well. The ambience of the restaurant area is at the low end but we enjoyed our ribs and prime rib and the service was good.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Dock's is that first place that I have found that serves tilapia for their Friday night fish fry. Although it is all you can eat, I have never made it past the initial generous serving. I look forward to returning again.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I recently stopped here on a Saturday evening for dinner and a light snack. Docks Restaurant's outdoor Tiki Bar deck (6,600 sq. feet) on a bluff overlooking Bang's Lake has the best view of the lake in town. The food here was pretty good. The bartender was just ok and not overly friendlily. Lots of smokers. We did not have a very good time here, as the people at the bar were a bit strange and introverted. This is not a place we will be spending much time at. There are much better places to go in Wauconda area to spend your money for a good meal with friendly & efficient staff.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

First time at Docks, won't be the last. Parking was complimentary valet that worked out fine. Took a few extra minutes to leave, but I didn't have to search for a parking spot. The lot appeared to be full and I think they have off site parking for the overflow. The cost of a tip was well worth the time and energy saved. A band started just as our friends arrived and we were seated outside, on the opposite side of the deck. Great listening and we could still talk. Service was excellent. I had an Old Fashion Burger and the others had fish. All very good. The burger was $12.00 but included lots of bacon, onion strips, cheese, tomato and lettuce, with a huge helping of fries. I opted for the giant onion rings for a small up-charge. Would order it again. We stayed for hours, catching up on old times and never felt rushed. Our bill came to $142.00 + tip for the four of us, including 1 appetizer, bottle of Riesling, numerous beers and a few mixed drinks. Not bad considering Chicago prices. Restrooms were clean and well appointed.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very upbeat place with beautiful view of Bang Lake. Enjoyed delicious appetizers with friends. Would definitely go back. Enjoyed the atmosphere, people watching and very good food. It was a delightful evening.