“Could Not Have Asked for More!”

Firedance Country Inn Bed and Breakfast
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Could Not Have Asked for More!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

My sister and I had the good fortune of spending five nights at the Firedance Country Inn in Prince Edward Island. Our hosts, John and Wei, were very gracious and accommodating. We could not have asked for anything more. They helped us with suggestions of places to go, maps with directions that were not easily accessible on the GPS and were extremely friendly to us. We both were thrilled with the perfect setting of their B & B, the comfortable accommodations, beautiful views, and luxurious bedding and linens.We had easy access to the major roads and at the end of a busy day returned to the peaceful tranquility of their inn. Each morning we were awed by the sumptuous breakfast prepared by Wei. We were sad to have our stay at Firedance come to an end, but we know that we'll return to Prince Edward Island and the Firedance Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

My wife and i stayed here for three nights while on our honeymoon. John and Wei (our hosts) greeted us warmly and showed us to our room. It was a fantastic experience and the breakfast was large and delicious every morning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Firedance Inn for four nights in the quiet month of May, and had a wonderful stay while spending our days touring the island. The King room is well appointed with a comfortable bed and a sitting area with a great view of the river and hills. The inn and our room were spotless and every breakfast was delicious, served in the inn's terrific dining room, with individual tables set for each group of guests. From four-cheese omelettes to blueberry pancakes or stuffed French toast, we looked forward to Wei's breakfast each day.

Firedance is located on a picturesque riverside, about 10 minutes drive from Charlottetown. If you are looking for a spacious and quiet location that is still a very convenient distance to the restaurants in Charlottetown, then it's ideal.

It's plain to see that John and Wei strive to provide a warm and delightful environment for their guests to stay and relax at the inn. From our experience, they are completely successful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FamishedForeigner
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband and I just spent a winter getaway at Firedance Country Inn, close by Charlottetown PEI. What a great time! We were in the deluxe King Suite and really enjoyed the two person soaker tub. I'm disabled and the handicap shower and ramp from the parking lot were a pleasant surprise. Wei served up some terrific fare; while John was a professional and attentive server (and travel planner!). Best of all: Firedance is a 4 1/2 star inn but amazingly affordable. We'll be back!

Room Tip: King Suite!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne D
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

My husband and I spent a week in August of rejuvenation at Firedance Country Inn on PEI, after the whirlwind of our wedding. We had the King Suite and enjoyed every minute of our Honeymoon Package. The 2 person soaker tub was great as were Wei’s delightful breakfasts. The quiet, peaceful country scene (with super views) gave us both a big recharge. The inn is located in the middle of PEI and is close to all major attractions; we used Firedance as our home base for complete tours of the island. We’ll be back!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa D
Cape Coral, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Owner friendliness; breakfasts; soft good smelling towels, large tub, nice smelling soap; European shower head; large room, wifi, bathroom with lots of amenities (mouthwash, cotton swabs, extra linens; beautiful view of river from room window, very quiet, reasonable rates, DVD/VCR player, lots of channels, carpeted floor, mattress was the right firmness and pillows were great. This is by far the best B&B I have ever stayed in and was far better than the nicest hotels.

Room Tip: My room had a great view of the water
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank BurgieBoy
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

Okay, one could say I was a little nervous about my first international vacation - and especially as it was my first solo vacation. John and Wei went above and beyond to make me feel at home during my week-and-a-half stay; in fact, I hated having to leave! This was my first stay at a B&B, and I am so glad I chose to stay with them!

The breakfasts were lovely (Wei was amazing about my particular quirks with food - including not liking pork very much - and I was delighted that she went out of her way to prepare other items for me instead...and really, her scones, pumpkin bread, waffles, omelettes...oh, heck, everything she prepared was WONDERFUL!). You haven't lived until you've tried one of her lemon-zest scones with raisins and a little jam spread on it, still piping hot...oh my goodness!

I went during a time of year when there aren't a lot of attractions open around the Island, but John and Wei were great about helping me plan and giving much-needed advice and suggestions about things that might be open to visit, etc. They genuinely were concerned that my visit to PEI was incredible...I am definitely looking forward to going back again!

My only warning for anyone from a big city (as I'm from L.A.): Be prepared for QUIET! It can be a bit unnerving at first, because you'll keep wondering, "Where's all the blaring music, annoying beeping of various cell phones, honking and other various traffic noise, etc.?!" Trust me, though, once you get used to it, you will LOVE it...and you'll also regret having to go back to the chaos once your stay is over. LOL

Thank you again, John and Wei, for making me feel so welcome and for making my stay so lovely!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 3, the Queen room with the blue decor on the right side (when facing it from the fr...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dalvay by the Sea Hotel
Shipwright Inn
Shipwright Inn
#2 of 43 in Charlottetown

Been to Firedance Country Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!