We recently stayed for 4 nights in the casa and it was great. The new owners are lovely, kind people, and they have done lots of work to make sure the rooms are in perfect condition. They even put fresh flowers in several vases in the house for us.
We were very comfortable and enjoyed the huge breakfasts provided with the room. There was enough food for lunch as well sometimes. For dinner we cooked a couple of times, and walked to nearby restaurants a couple of times- Araza was amazing, best food in the country. The local store is pretty limited, might be good to bring some food from Puerto Viejo, but it is adequate to get supplies for simple meals.
The beach nearby was pretty but a bit rough to snorkel while we were there. Loved kayaking up the river past Pachamama- kayaks are $6 per hour at the beach, and it's just beautiful on the river. No mosquitos while kayaking, and no mosquitos actually in our room or on the porch, but in the late afternoon once I stepped past the porch towards the river there were lots. But that was no problem, the hammock on the porch was mosquito free and very nice.
Loved seeing all of the birds, monkeys, and green and black frog in the garden.
Had a good visit to the Jaguar Rescue center (mornings only) and to Manzanillo to take a jungle tour with Bucus Cabins and Omar.
Only criticism at Pachamama- there are mosquito screens on the windows in the bedroom but not in the other rooms. That meant that we had to close the windows or let bugs in. With the windows closed its really dark. Netting on the other windows would really improve the room.
Thanks to our lovely hosts, so kind and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South of the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, 8 kilometers from Puerto Viejo, within the “Gandoca-Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge,” Estelle and Florian welcome you, 200 meters from the wonderful Punta Uva beach, in their lush tropical garden at the edge of a river. Punta Uva beaches, ideal for swimming and all very beautiful are located 200 meters from Pachamama, at the mouth of Rio Ernesto, our jungle river. Enjoy the beauty and tranquility of tropical nature, while still being steps or paddles from the beach and close to local restaurants and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Pachamama Jungle River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pachamama House & Bungalows Hotel Manzanillo
- Pachamama House And Bungalows
- Pachamama Jungle River Lodge Costa Rica/Punta Uva