We were welcome late in the evening by Estella and Florian and they showed us how everything worked. There was a big container of drinking water in our kitchen and lots of delicious fruit and beautiful flowers waiting for us. We really liked the simplicity of the room and had a great time reading in the hammocks as the rain poured down around us during the rainy season. We were given great beachcruiser bikes to get around on which we used for everything - going the the beaches, restaurants, into Puerta Viejo for groceries. The owners were very quick to respond to problems and were very helpful with all of our questions about the area. Breakfast was very good with homebaked muffins, hard boiled eggs, fruit, yoghurt and toast with good jam and excellent coffee. It was provided on our porch every morning so we could eat in private. A little negative was that because of the humidity the place was very damp and so our backpacks went mouldy and the much appreciated safe was also very mouldy. It's difficult to get things to dry out in such humidity but a better fan would have made a big difference. Our hut was surrounded by beautiful jungle and close to the beach. We were on our honeymoon, and it was more of a honeymoon for the type who normally like to camp, rather than luxury accomodations. We enjoyed the French hosts very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South of the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, 8 kilometers from Puerto Viejo, within the “Gandoca-Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge,” Estelle and Florian welcome you, 200 meters from the wonderful Punta Uva beach, in their lush tropical garden at the edge of a river. Punta Uva beaches, ideal for swimming and all very beautiful are located 200 meters from Pachamama, at the mouth of Rio Ernesto, our jungle river. Enjoy the beauty and tranquility of tropical nature, while still being steps or paddles from the beach and close to local restaurants and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Pachamama Jungle River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pachamama House & Bungalows Hotel Manzanillo
- Pachamama House And Bungalows
- Pachamama Jungle River Lodge Costa Rica/Punta Uva