I already reviewed for Pachamama once following our honeymoon in Winter of 2010 and after reading a couple of negative reviews felt compelled to post again - this place is amazing, hands down - just do your research before your visit! Cathy and Bill are amazing hosts and your experience here at Pachamama and Puerto Viejo in general is all in what you make of it. If you are expecting to sleep in a five-star hotel with crisp linens, bleached floors, butler service, chocolates on your pillow every night and no indications of the wildlife you've immersed yourself in, then Puerto Viejo in general is not the direction you want to be headed in, and you'll want to look into visiting other areas of the country. If you care deeply about leaving a gentle footprint, for preserving this beautiful land.... if the idea of being lulled to sleep at night and awakened at sunrise by the sounds of the rainforest is enticing, if taking impromptu adventures into town by bicycle, exploring pristine beaches, snorkeling in vibrant waters, savoring fresh fruit and delicious coffee, photographing wild horses, slowing down your pace and connecting with nature, surfing, and making new friends with kind-hearted locals and visitors alike in a rather "unconventional" setting is more of your scene, then you've come to the right place and you will not find a better deal for your dollar in Puerto Viejo than Pachamama. Cathy and Bill go to *such* great lengths to keep their patrons happy and comfortable and for such little cost. If there is EVER anything you need to make your stay more comfortable or enjoyable, don't be shy to respectfully speak up - Bill and Cathy are more than happy to help you out. If there is anything you're unsure of in your decision to book your stay, send them an email and they'll answer any questions you may have. Their easygoing, positive attitudes are contagious, only adding to the uniqueness of your experience at Pachamama. Please don't miss out on this beautiful gem. Make the most of every day you have here because it goes by so quickly. I can't wait to go back some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South of the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, 8 kilometers from Puerto Viejo, within the “Gandoca-Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge,” Estelle and Florian welcome you, 200 meters from the wonderful Punta Uva beach, in their lush tropical garden at the edge of a river. Punta Uva beaches, ideal for swimming and all very beautiful are located 200 meters from Pachamama, at the mouth of Rio Ernesto, our jungle river. Enjoy the beauty and tranquility of tropical nature, while still being steps or paddles from the beach and close to local restaurants and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Pachamama Jungle River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pachamama House & Bungalows Hotel Manzanillo
- Pachamama House And Bungalows
- Pachamama Jungle River Lodge Costa Rica/Punta Uva