“Great Price, Clean and Comfy”
Review of Super 8 Watseka

Super 8 Watseka
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Watseka
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We were on a motorcycle trip when the weather turned bad, so we stopped here unexpectedly. Probably one of the nicest Super 8s I've stayed at. It was very clean, smelled good, no stale smoke smell, looked newly renovated. The clerk was courteous. Breakfast was served though there was no protein, just bread, pastries, fruit items. The two queen beds were comfy and clean, room was clean. There was no elevator in sight, so check for availabiltiy if you have a physical disability that requires one.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 2, 2011

We stayed here the night before my grandma's funeral, I think we probably had most of the rooms booked. People from everywhere, so it was like a big family reunion. We also booked the hospitality room in the back, (I think thats what they called it). We had pizza delivered there and stayed out there til midnight... (I hope we didn't get to loud and crazy)... Anyway, it was a decent hotel, good beds and pretty clean, really though for the price of $72 (incl taxes) and this little town, I think they could have gave us a better rate, since there was so many of us... they said this was a better rate... but honestly I think the total should have been maybe $60 and that would have been a good rate! Breakfast was okay, nothing great... donuts, bagels, and rolls... and what the heck is with the little hottub? and no pool.. why bother with the hottub?

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ldasz
Reviewed May 28, 2011

After reading other TripAdvisor reviews of the Watseka Super 8, I was terrified, but there are not many other options in that part of Illinois... so we made our reservations. Guess what? It was fine. Great even. Wonderful. The room was large and clean and relatively new. The bed was comfortable and the linens were FINE. The pillows were fine, in pillow protectors and clean. We asked for two extra pillows and got them, no problems. The bathroom was clean -- oh, the floor was sticky with that stick that comes from not rinsing the cleaning agent off thoroughly. That was annoying. But the working refrigerator and microwave, free wifi, and functional coin-op washing machine made up for that. I was expecting in a dump, and instead got a perfectly fine, functional, comfortable room. The continental breakfast was fine too. We were there for five nights, so we were pretty well acquainted with the room and the amenities. After the Super 8, we stayed in the Intercontinental, and to be honest, I think I'd rather stay at the Super 8. A functional refrigerator, the self-laundry option, and wifi included were big factors. Don't let the other reviews scare you. If you can get the room for $50 a night, it is a fine deal.

Room Tip: Ask for discounts to get a good price.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I read some bad reviews of this hotel so my first trip to this area I chose a different hotel that was a disaster.This time I chose the Super 8 and I couldn't be happier.I didn't need any help from management so i can't reply about problems.I had an easy check in by a very nice and polite receptionist and an equally pleasant check out.The room was as discribed,good size,very clean and neat.Bathroom was great,very clean,everything worked.I would come back for sure.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TTPChicago_Illinois
Reviewed June 30, 2009

This place is obviously ran by people that don't care if you come back. The rooms are dirty and very out dated, and whatever you do don't complain unless your ready for a fight. The sheets are dingy, the pillows smell of mold and the I was told the matress pads are changed only once every couple of months.. This place is a dive!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2008

This hotel is the only one in town that is online for booking. It is obviously owned by someone who doesn't care about the clientele. But it's not like you really have a choice in Watseka.

The front desk staff is very rude. They would not let me check in early and said the hotel was full (when it wasn't).

Then at 11 pm the first night, the staff called my room and demanded I move my car. They said that I was blocking someone in. When I inquired what the plate was, it wasn't my car (I had filled out their form when checking in with the license plate #). They were extremely rude, and argumentative. I was very angry. They didn't even apologize.

By the way there is a washer & dryer, but they don't sell detergent. The smallest container of detergent at the convenience store next door was $5.69. So why bother having a washer & dryer in your hotel.

So if you can stay somewhere else, do so. But it's not like you have a lot of options in Watseka.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watseka
Motel 6 Gilman
#1 of 3 in Gilman
No photo provided
Watseka Motel
#1 of 1 in Watseka

Been to Super 8 Watseka? Share your experiences!