“Worst dining experience of my life”

Dreamland Palace in Foster Pond
Ranked #20 of 42 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

Tacky decor. Lousy service. Took 35 minutes to get drinks. Another 20 minutes to take our order. When I ordered sauerbraten they said they just put it in the oven an it would take about 1 1/2 to finish. Which would have been past their closing time. When we finally got our food it was the worst meal I have ever paid for. Had to order jaeger schnitzel. I couldn’t tell the difference between the greasy potato cakes an the schnitzel. Cheap canned sauerkraut. No soup or salad on the salad bar thats included with the meal. When they asked how everything was we said not very good the response was shocking “well you can’t please everyone”. It was a bad enough experience but they just didn’t care is why this place is #1 on my list of worst places ever. Save your money an go to McDonald’s for a much better meal. This place should be ashamed of itself for calling itself a restaurant.

3  Thank Eddi511

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

The service was extremely terrible. The dining experience was an hour and 45 minutes. It took 20 minutes to get drinks and another 40 to get a refill. The food had no quality whatsoever. No salad or soup was on their soup and salad bar. The sauerkraut and German potato salad were canned. Most of all, the staff didn't care. When the waiter asked how everything was, I responded that it was nothing special. He then responded that 'I guess you can't please all the people all the time'.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

I'd heard about this place for some time and finally visited. Full of bad decorating statues and memorabilia. All of that was fun. But service was horrible and food was nonexistent. I left after 90 minutes, have never done that before.

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Bought $60 groupon deals. Read reviews saying service was dicey, but the food was great.

Made 6:40pm reservations. Arrived in time and waited 20 mn to be seated. That's not a big deal.

We ordered our food, and the group waiting behind us in line were sat. No one waited on them and after 20 mn they got up and left. The group behind them also were sat at the same time and took 25 mn to get their drinks and order.

We waited 1 hour 20 mn for our food. It never came out. I got up walked over and told the waitress we were leaving, and she didn't seem shocked.

I'm cancelling my groupon deals I got, this place is worse than the poor reviews can truthfully relay.

DO NOT WASTE ONE SECOND OF YOUR LIFE WITH THESE SCHMOES.......

Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

Good selection of classic German food. Neat decor seems like your in Bavaria. Not in town it's west in the country 4 or 5 miles out in the corn fields. Cool stone house across the street