“Terrible is an understatement!!!!!!”

Dreamland Palace in Foster Pond
Ranked #19 of 42 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Bought $60 groupon deals. Read reviews saying service was dicey, but the food was great.

Made 6:40pm reservations. Arrived in time and waited 20 mn to be seated. That's not a big deal.

We ordered our food, and the group waiting behind us in line were sat. No one waited on them and after 20 mn they got up and left. The group behind them also were sat at the same time and took 25 mn to get their drinks and order.

We waited 1 hour 20 mn for our food. It never came out. I got up walked over and told the waitress we were leaving, and she didn't seem shocked.

I'm cancelling my groupon deals I got, this place is worse than the poor reviews can truthfully relay.

DO NOT WASTE ONE SECOND OF YOUR LIFE WITH THESE SCHMOES.......

Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

Good selection of classic German food. Neat decor seems like your in Bavaria. Not in town it's west in the country 4 or 5 miles out in the corn fields. Cool stone house across the street

Reviewed March 27, 2017

Very racist experience! We sat there for two hours and were never served. Received our drinks and an appetizer, but never dinner. Were sat all the way in back. AND, witnessed others who arrived with us EAT AND LEAVE, while our food was "never ready". EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.

Reviewed February 1, 2017

Disappointed in this place....wanted to go to Roemertopf in Mascoutah, but they weren't open until 5...so we drove here. Never again. Bland. Meh. I almost cried when I took my first bite of the Jaegerschnitzel....NOTHING compared to Roemertopf. Don't agree> Go to Roemertopf and try their version of whatever you had here....you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Donna W
Reviewed January 26, 2017

I love German food so when hubby saw the Groupon, he bought it with me in mind. We drove to tiny Fosters Pond and entered in the back door. Waited several minutes. No one came so we made our way to the dining room and were invited to take a seat. The decor is very overdone. Lots of German/Bavaria style items and many items that are not even close to being representative of Germany (Chinese stands, pots, Americana -clocks, lighting, etc.) There is so much "stuff" the quaintness of what could be a dreamland palace has long been buried in too much clutter.

The menu was German. We were offered the soup and salad bar with our order and were told some delicious soup would be ready very soon. It was already 1:30. We went to the salad bar which consisted of about 8 items, cottage cheese, beets, stewed tomatoes, cabbage, three bean salad, and a few other items. No lettuce, no items to actually make a salad. No soup.

We ordered sausage platters with sauerkraut, potato pancake, and applesauce. Very good. Applesauce was like it was from a package. But the rest tasted just like I have eaten in Germany many times. When finished we looked to see if the delicious soup was ready at the salad bar yet. Nope.

The waiter was very attentive and offered us drinks to go. So service was good. Not sure it was worth the drive, but if you happen to live in the area, it might be ok. It was a little pricey for what you get, and the atmosphere needed some updating/cleanup/freshening.