“A little surprise”
Review of The Lodge on 64

The Lodge on 64
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Wasco
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Lodge on 64 is located in Campton Hills, IL. Bringing you the backwoods feel right to your neighborhood! Featuring our famous rotisserie chicken, fall off the bone ribs, and complimentary s'mores. All of our rotisserie is fresh, never frozen, and our steaks are hand-cut in house. Join us weekends for no cover live entertainment!
Reviewed May 4, 2013

It has been some time since we had gone to Niko's and aas we arrived we noted the name change: The Lodge. I was aware that another Niko's restaurant in Huntley had previously closed. As we do not come here often, the change of ownership was not apparanet to us other than in name...at least for the main meal. Our server was excellent and attentative to our needs. My wife had the ribs and I had the 1/2 chicken. There was plenty of food on our plates and the food was excellent. The ribs were eaten the next day and still fell off the bone and the chicken breast was sufficient for two more meals.

Our only down comment was after ordering two deserts to go and checking our bill, unlessI am mistaken, we paid just shy of $8.00 a piece for Tiramasu. I know I can't recall seeing a price on the menu and since I ordered it...that's mine to cover..but next time we'll skip desert.

1  Thank rvtraveller_10

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Good food, friendly atmosphere, a little noisy. Very good service. We love the fact that you can make your own somores at the end of the evening!!!!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I had dinner under the new owners. we had lobster bisque soup to start, we sent it back because it was way to fishy and noticed other tables did to. The waitress was very nice and brought us a salad instead, this was very meager. A good restaurant salad would have carrots,cheese,tomato,onion,croutons, we had a tomato and a few onions. Next my wife ordered the top sirloin and stuffed shrimp. The stuffed shrimp was cold and dry, you could tell it was sitting out for a while and the meat was very tough. Again she had to send it back and the waitress was very nice and bought a cut of prime rib which was ok. I had the New York strip. I had never tasted a piece of meat that was this tough in any other restaurant in my life. It was dry and tough like it was freezer burn. Very poor quality! The potato was dry and the beans were mushy. And for the price you should get much better. My sugestion if you go there, just get a hambuger, they can't kill that.

Visited December 2012 Value

4  Thank Dave H
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Took a large party of people to the new " The lodge" formerly known as "Niko's lodge". They clearly have changed ownership, and management. This place USED to be good. First and foremost i will say, WE FOUND a WORM, in one of our Guests soft drink glasses, after she drank half. more than 3/4 of our patrons food was served COLD. One of our persons Butternut squash, was served with Alfredo, hence the menu says a Brown butter sugar sauce, and they Wouldn't replace it. One of our guests salmon was served after everyone ( Who did have decent food) was almost finished.. the ribs were dried out, with no sauce. The mosticholi tasted like rubber, with water downed tomato paste. I could go on and on... but my main argument here is the Manager. Who claimed she " comped us" and was "taking care of us" didn't do anything. She took $50 off of our $300+ bill. $50, really??? You violated health code with a REAL LIVE WORM in your glass, served cold , and some uncooked food and you take $50 off.. She wasn't even apologetic about the incident, and clearly knows nothing about managing a restaurant . we will never go back there again!

4  Thank jen f
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The picture for Niko's Lodge (now The Lodge Bar & Grill) is not correct. The Lodge looks like an actual Lodge with fire pits outside. It has a new owner and new name.
Anyway, Their specialties are rotisserie chicken, ribs and steaks. The food is not typical bar & grill food. It is a step up and closer to fine dining. It looks like a lodge inside. A nice touch is that they give everyone the ingredients for smores (marshmellow, chocalate, graham crackers free) so that after dinner you, the kids and whoever can go outside to an open pit fire to make your smores. It's 4 miles west of Randall road on route 64 in Wasco, il. A nice place to meet and greet. It can be a bit loud though.

1  Thank harborctylover