“Nice hotel for families”

SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The location is convienent and the staff is nice and helpful. The pool is open and the renovation is almost done. The breakfast is average but edible. The Internet is free and fast. We had a nice night 's stay.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Ryan D, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your kind review. I will be sure to pass the kind words along to my front desk staff. We recently upgraded our internet service witch added more access points and increase the speed, so I am glad to hear that our internet meet your needs. We hope you stay at the Springhill Suites Warrenville on your next visit to the area.

Thanks,

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This IS a nice place to stay. But, the HVAC units are the old through the wall type and very noisy. Breafast is above average--incliding fresh fruit--and you get USA Today and WSJ. The rooms are just a little cramped, but comfortable. At least the sitting area and desk are sperate! The price IS ABOVE our Hilton rate though. Getting out onto Diehl in AM traffic is tricky.

Room Tip: Rooms are little small but a redo is in progress. Ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am very glad to hear that you thought our breakfast was above average, our breakfast staff works very hard to make sure everything is well stocked and served fresh. We are currently doing our rooms renovation and one thing on the list is new HVAC units and wall thermostats for our guest rooms. This should help stop the unit from cycling so much since it is able to better read the temperature of the room. If you would like to contact the hotel directly the sales team would be happy to discuss the possibility of getting a rate set up for your company that is more in line with what you are paying elsewhere in the area. As always, we appreciate your feedback and would like to invite you back the next time you are in the Warrenville area.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed for two nights for business. The lobby was nice and has a small business station located on the first floor. The pool was closed for renovations. My contacts with the front desk were polite and very friendly. There is a free continental breakfast in the lobby which is average....make your own waffles, cold and hot cereal, juices, and eggs and breakfast meats (which were blah) and fruit.
Our room had not been redone yet and could use a face lift. Cleanliness was just ok, I found a red piece of candy on the floor in plain view. The bath was tiny. I had to stand heels and toes touching in the small shower in order to avoid standing on the sloping sides of the tub. There was a small kitchen sink, mini fridge and microwave. Noticeably missing was an in-room safe which I usually find in hotels at this price point.
There was plenty of free parking and it it located very close to shopping and great dining options. overall, it is a nice hotel...I would visit again but request a remodeled room.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review. I would first like to apologize about the cleanliness of your room regarding the piece of candy on the floor. I have reviewed this issue with my housekeeping staff to ensure that it does not happen again. Our pool has reopened and has been freshly painted and has new lounge furniture for our guests to enjoy. I am also glad to hear that your interactions with the front desk were always pleasant; our goal is to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel around. Renovation is completed on the 6th floor guest rooms and renovation had begun on 5th. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel and ask for me directly, I would be more than happy to set up your next reservation and try to get you into one of our newly renovated rooms.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here for business. Stay here 1-2 times per year. I should have paid less to stay here considering it was under renovation. Room was dated and there was 1 strand of hair about 10" long and stuck in the hair dryer. You have to enter the hotel from a rear door and most of the time there was no staff at the desk when I passed by.

• Stayed: January 2013
SpringhillWRNVL_GM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I would first like to apologize about the hair you found in your room. This issue has been reviewed with the housekeeping team to ensure it does not occur again.
To address your comments about renovation - we have now re-opened the front entrance and are happy to report that our public space renovation is almost finished. I completely understand how inconvenient it must have been to not be able to use the front entrance of the hotel. As I am sure you noticed, being in the back vestibule of the hotel was the best option to keep renovations from disturbing your stay too much because of the significant scope of the work in our lobby.Since we could only relocate part of the front desk equipment it did result in times that our agent was away from the desk retrieving things from the back office areas. I apologize if you had to wait for a significant amount of time.
We are moving into rooms renovations soon and I hope you come to stay with us again when we are 100% completed in the late spring.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Rooms above floor 3 do not have opening windows so the first room i had . 625, was miff smelling. Aircons are old & noisy. Reception & breakfast area was under renovation (jan '13), which was not advertised on Mariottes online booking system. Maybe that means rooms will get a much needed make over.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Guest -

Thank you for your input regarding your stay at our hotel. Our windows above the 3rd do not open due to the height and location of our building and unfortunately it is not something we can change.
Our website does have a renovation alert notating the scope of the work and there is also an alert on the confirmation emails that are automatically generated from marriott.com. It is only one line located near the top of the page so it is easily missed, so I apologize if the information was not clear.
Our lobby/public space renovation is almost compeled and you are correct in guessing that our rooms will be renovated next. I would like to personally invite you to come stay with us again this spring or summer when our renovations are completed!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Springhill Suites are great travel hotels for families. The Springhill Naperville/Warrenville was no different than most Springhills except that right now, the hotel is undergoing a lobby renovation which has created some inconveniences. When I booked my reservation 2-3 months earlier, I don't recall seeing any notice about construction work, but maybe I didn't catch that. In general, the construction wasn't an inconvenience, but I think the hotel was a little substandard for what I would normally expect from a Springhill.

Currently, the entry is not currently through the front door but through one of the back doors, and the cafe/lobby is non-existent at the moment. The complimentary breakfast is served in a meeting room with plenty of tables and chairs...functional, but not the most inviting. Eventually, this construction will be complete and it won't matter.

But, I think the one disappointment for me was that the room furniture (sofa, chairs, and table) were showing age. The odd feature about my room is that the vanity/sink was outside the bathroom, and anyone that would need to use the bathroom sink at night would turn on the light and really illuminate the bedroom, distrubing guests sleeping in the room. The vanity bulb wattage was really too high being that it was opposite the two queen beds. That being said, it may be that the rooms are due for a renovation or redecoration, too.

I may consider staying here in the future once the lobby renovations are complete--especially if the rate is right.

Room Tip: The executive suite has a 4-chair dining table and a little extra room than the standard studio suit...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
SpringhillWRNVL_GM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dale,

Thank you for your thoughtful review. I am glad to hear that the construction in the lobby did not disturb you on your trip - that has been an important focus to the team here and they will be glad to hear they are succeeding in their goals.

I would like to let you know that the lobby and main entrance should be opened sometime at the end of this week or over the weekend at the latest according to what my construction crew is telling me. So starting next week, all of our guests will be able to enjoy breakfast (and the front desk) back in its normal place with a new look as well!

In regards to your comments about the guest rooms; most Springhill Suites hotels are arranged so the vanity is seperate from the bathroom so you will encounter this in many hotels from the Springhill brand (though some of the new Springhills built in the last 2-3 years have a combined bathroom/vanity). You are also right in assessing that our rooms will be renovated soon as well - we hope to get started on those in the middle of february at the latest. During the renovations we are changing the vanity fixture to something a little more modern - I don't know if it will address your concern about the lighting, but I am certainly looking into it.

I would like to personally invite you back sometime this summer to see our newly renovated hotel - the bathroom layout will be the same, however you can experience our new lobby and breakfast area as well as the new furniture and decor in our guest rooms. I would be interested to hear what you think of our improvements.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the property when you are ready to schedule your next trip to the Warrenville area.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel was nice and clean, the rooms large and comfortable. They paid attention to the level of the guest and i stayed with a number of colleagues. Everyone who had Hilton Honors levels got recognized at the desk and there was a gift (beer and cheese) in the fridge. The sales person who we booked the meeting with recognized the main people. Just great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenville
Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville
Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora
Candlewood Suites Chicago/Naperville

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville? Share your experiences!