“Management changes needed!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Management changes needed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stir crazy had always been a consistent average to good experience. In the last year, things have gone downhill. After a visit for a quick bite last night, my husband and I figured out why....management. The front end people did not smile, greet you, or thank you. Why? Because they were emulating their leader. The manager was there. Looked at us when we arrived, as we were seated, and when we left. Never once did he smile, say anything or check on us, and upon leaving didn't thank us. No wonder it was "easy" to get a seat on a Friday night at 7:45. Others have just realized the decline before us and had found better places. In fairness our waitress was ok and the food tasty but a bit cold. Replace the front end management and maybe we will return. For now, our last visit to this and probably any stir crazy.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tracy M

Chicago, Illinois
“Love their stir fry sauces!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We haven't been here in a while, but I love their stir fry & sauces! It's great to be able to pick out exactly what veggies you like & put what ever toppings on. The only thing that's bad at times is that the veggie/ sauce bar & cooking station can be really messy if the restaurant is busy. I never finish my dish & need to take 1/2 of it home. But it makes for good leftovers too!

Visited August 2012
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
“A Favorite of Mine!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I live nearby Stir Crazy part of the year and I always make it a point to go there whenever I return to Chicago.

The decor is very impressive and the servers are friendly and efficient. I love the steak stir-fry and the Mongolian beef with rice and a spring roll. I generally go for lunch and I've enjoyed everything I've tried there.

I can't say enough good things about this place.

• Visited July 2012
Geneva, Illinois
“Decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

I had a lot of fun at this restaurant. Even though the food was good, the real reason why this is a "4" restaurant is because of the create your own meal option. It was really cool seeing the food you picked out .being made right in front of you. I would recommend this if you were in the area

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

Waited over 1/2 hour for food. When it came, the teriyaki chicken was some sort of mystery meat. Really horrible rubbery stuff. Waitresses disappeared, understaffed, and extremely noisy. Not ever going back!