“Nice Hotel - lots of upgrades”

Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is a very nice Residence inn. The decor has been upgraded and it is very clean. Nice to stay in an above average hotel. Not top end but very comfortable with good value. Nice suite with lots of space and modern kitchen with pull out sectional couch. Easy access to major roads but quiet, I do not hear any road noise. Close proximity to businesses and downtown Naperville.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We arrived at this hotel 12 days ago and What a great surprise it was. The suite we rented had every facility needed to make our trip to see our Grand Daughters and for them to come and visit perfect. The staff were ALL without doubt the most friendly and helpful I have encountered in a long time at many worldwide locations.

The hotel front desk welcome was great, breakfast was supplied as part of the booking and the evening "Happy Hours" Monday - Thursday were an unexpected bonus, with snacks (light meals) and alcoholic beverages supplied on the house.

The leisure facilities (Gym, Pool and Hot-tub) were kept in a spotless condition together with bathrooms. The Pool Table, Basket Ball Court were ideal for keeping the kids amused.

For me the biggest bonus was the Small Shop and the unlimited supply of hot drinks in the foyer.

The self service laundry was also and added bonus.

Room Tip: With children choose a one or two bedroom suite
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Easy access to Naperville with a car. Newer building that is well maintained. Attractive and spacious first floor lobby and eating area. Self-service breakfast (included) offers a good variety with some hot items. A bit crowded at breakfast. Two internet stations with attached printers. Residence Inn rooms typically include a full kitchen with large refrigerator, stove, dishes and sink. Wi-fi included. We slept 4 in a room with separate rooms, living room with pull-out couch and bedroom. Pull-out not terribly large or comfortable. Stayed on a one night free night certificate; room rate would have been around $160 or so, thus the 'value' rating, especially if sleeping only 1 or 2 people. Parking is spread around the large building, so for most people it is a walk to the main entrance. Five floors, with two very slow elevators. Friendly and attentive staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KenJohn316
Christina S, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Good Morning Ken Jon!
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel! Collecting honest guest feedback is the best way for us to grow and improve our service, so we definitely appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay and you found the hotel comfortable and conducive to you and your family’s travel needs. Guest service is the sole focus of the entire team and I am so pleased you found the staff friendly and attentive. I know you have lots of choices when choosing a hotel, thank you for choosing ours and we hope to see you back again soon!!

Kind Regards,
Christina

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This is the perfect place to stay for extended trips. The facility is immaculate. I saw a gentleman hand polishing the stainless steel panels in the elevator until it shined. Watch the front desk though. They tried to bait and switch my rate. Also they did not honor the requests I made when booking reservations such as room type and upper floor room.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Everything was first class at this place. Staff was extremely nice and accommodating. Room was very nice and clean. Pool area was clean and well stocked with towels. This how all hotels should be. We stayed two night and told the maid not to bother cleaning our room after the first day but she went ahead and cleaned anyway after we left for the day. Not sure if she understood English very well.

Planning on staying here on our next visit to the area. It was somewhat pricey but they made it very worthwhile.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Christina S, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Good Evening Donna,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so pleased you had such a great experience. We strive to deliver superior customer service and maintain an extremely high level of cleanliness, I am thankful you experienced just that. We look forward to serving you again next time you are visiting the area!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our first impression was not good-when checking in; later than we hoped, traffic was terrible. There was confusion that we wanted to be on the same floor with our daughter's family even though we had called and requested this a week earlier. Had to wait an additional ten minutes for our room and did not get requested king bed.
Room was adequate but looked worn out. The pillows left something else to be desired. They divided when laid on so that you had stuffing on either side of your face and nothing under your head. No amount of pillows remedied the situation to the point that I got a toss pillow off of the couch to put under the pillows for support. Mattress was superior.
Housekeeping was prompt and good. Breakfast was okay, breakfast meats would be a welcome addition. My grandchildren enjoyed the pool. And a nice addition was a seating area in an outside courtyard as the weather was exceptional.

Room Tip: The entry door to the inn is small and awkward, difficult to hold the door and push luggage cart thr...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My visit would have been great, as always, except Michael is no longer there with his friendly welcome and great suggestions for dining. Instead, after driving 14 hours straight, I checked in to my dismay with a grumpy, older gentleman behind the desk. Instead of giving my the usual spiel, he mumbled that since I had been there before he did not need to tell me about the hotels amenities. I had requested a top floor 2 bedroom away from the sports court...where was my room...directly above the sports court. I was told HE never turns the light out on the sports court. Don't know why RI feels the need for these as they attract non guests and are often extremely noisy with the lights shining in your window half the night. When I asked if another room was available, I was told all 2 bedrooms were on that side of the building. Not true as I stayed across the hall in a 2 bedroom two months earlier. Otherwise, hotel was, as always, a first class Residence Inn. Rest of front desk staff were friendly and helpful during my stay.

Room Tip: If you want a good night's sleep and quiet during the day...ask for a room on the opposite of th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenville
Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Hotel Arista
Hotel Arista
#2 of 18 in Naperville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville? Share your experiences!