“Very nice place to stay”

HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This property was perfect for the business trip I was on. It is very clean and the staff appeared to be cross trained in all jobs as I observed the same person working the desk and then serving beer and wine in the evening. They all were helpful and knowledgeable. My room was clean and comfortable. It was more a mini-efficiency apartment than a hotel room. It even have dishware. I could have lived in it.
There is no resaurant but the Hyatt Place next door has a limited but okay food menue for takeout. I should have opted for that but instead I called for a pizza from a recommended local pizza restaurant, Rosatis in Naperville. They said one hour which was acceptable to me. 1 1/2 hours later the pizza arrived cold. The delivery person had several people in the car with her which I thought odd. The Hyatt staff appolgized but this clearly was not their fault. They offered to warm my pizza but my room had a microwave.
Parking was ample and the area seemed very safe.
For the person who complained about the cleaning staff banging on the door...that does not happen if you put the "do not Disturb" sign out.

Room Tip: Since there are no "senic" views the only decision is do you want to stay high or low.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kentdan1

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Very good stay for our family as we transitioned back from an international assignment. The staff was incredibly pleasant and helpful. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. I would recommend this location due to easy access to the highway, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel is a very cool concept and the rooms are really nice looking. The layout is like a condo which was nice. However, on our first morning after a long nights drive the cleaning crew was banging on our door at 8:30 am to clean our room and woke us up. When I talked to the front desk they seemed to think I was the crazy one for thinking this was odd, and rude. They asked if I wanted them to clean later. No, I want them to stop waking me up, but apparently I'm the only person that has ever stayed there that doesn't get up before 8:30 on a Saturday when I'm traveling. In addition to putting out the do not disturb sign right away, I recommend bringning a fan or ear plugs if you want a good night sleep. The walls and floors and ceilings are paper thin.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2013

There are two factors that prevented a 5 rating; small living/sleep area, failure to repair noisy freezer fan.

Staff...
The staff were friendly and very helpful, in general.

Room...
The room was well equipped, with a full kitchen, complete with dishwasher, dishes, cookware, and full sized fridge/freezer. The bed was very comfortable, with soft linens which were not over-bleached like some properties. The newer television was actual HD, not coax, and offered several movie channels, which were included at no additional charge. The bathroom was spacious, and the shower was nice. The usual toiletries were included, as well as a tube of high-end toothpaste. Other items were available upon request. The iron was sufficient, but did have some mineral deposits.

The included breakfast was acceptable, not extravaggant, but offered enough options to please a wide range of tastes. As with any buffet style hotel breakfast, I recommend arriving within the first hour to ensure fresh food and better selection.

Negatives-
Not a huge issue, but the freezer fan was intermittently very noisy and sounded like someone was knocking at the door. It actually woke me up at one point, during the first night. I reported this and emphasized that it wasn't a constant noise and that the service person would have to wait for it to occur in order to hear it. They indicated that they did service the appliance, while I was out, but the noise persisted, despite noting that it was 'good to go'. I fixed it myself by unplugging it. ;)

I would definitely choose this property again, provided I was traveling by myself or only my spouse. The size of the room is not adequate for a family of 4 or more, although there may be larger rooms available.

Room Tip: Request a quiet area. A friend of mine told me he was kept awake, due to a great deal of noise from...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Mark-Schalla, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for the detailed review of your stay with us! You are correct we do offer a variety of different room sizes. Besides the studio suite, which is what you most likely stayed in, we also offer one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites. The two bedroom suites are mainly around the 100 sq ft range and are the perfect choice for large families!
Thank you for sharing the information on the freezer fan and I apologize for the inconvenience during your time with us. This problem has already been resolved and would not be a factor in future stays with us. We hope to be of service to you again in the future! Take care.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

One of the best values in a business-class hotel I've ever stayed at! The room was like a small (emphasis on small), upscale studio apartment. You could easily spend a long time here and feel very much at home. The room, while a bit cramped in the sitting area, was very well laid out, very contemporary in decor, and had everything you need to make for a comfortable stay - including a HUGE shower!

Interesting amenities included a cordless phone (but who uses hotel phones anymore??), full size refrigerator, and complementary grocery shopping service if you're cooking for yourself.

The one complaint I have is the presence of a small window with a Venetian blind in the room. While interesting, it allowed light to flood the room in the morning, which caused me to wake up earlier than I would have liked.

All in all, a great room for the price!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BudAndPam

Thank you very much for the great review. I'm also glad you enjoyed the extra space in studio suite but you did mention that it was a little cramped. The studio suite is just one of the room types at the Hyatt House Warrenville with the others being one-bedroom suites and two-bedroom suites. The one bedroom is really an excellent value add from the studio suites as you actually get a completely separate bedroom with door and expanded kitchen and living area. We hope to see you next time you’re in the area and let us know if you would like to try out one of our one-bedroom suites. Take care.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Our stay at the Hyatt House was great. Great hot breakfast everyday. The rooms have a DVD player which is very helpful. Staff was very professional. Rooms have a mini fridge and microwave as well as a fully stocked kithcen with dishes and pans.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again next time you are in the area!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

From the moment we walked into the Hyatt House for the first time to moment we checked out, it was obvious that this is a well thought out product in every detail. The lobby was modern, yet warm with comfy furniture scattered all around. There was an alcove with public computers for printing boarding passes or general use. In the event you forgot something, they are happy to provide toiletries not already provided in the room. There is a small market with additional items for purchase.

The rooms are brilliantly laid-out and furnished. There is a full kitchen (full size fridge, dishwasher, disposal, stove, small breakfast bar, toaster, microwave, coffee maker, cooking utensils and dishware). The sitting area and king bed are separated by a room-divider containing storage drawers, shelves and a swiveling flat screen t.v. The sectional sofa also opens to a full-size bed. The bathroom contains a large walk-in shower with a bench. There is ample counter space and storage drawers. The roomy closet is located in the bathroom. Hyatt provides excellent shampoo, conditioner, soaps and toothpaste but no skin moisturizer. I found it a bit odd that I had to ask the front desk for that one. Also, there is no safe in the room but there is a hair dryer and iron.

One slightly puzzling design feature is the window treatment. There is a large window next to the bed with excellent light-blackening drapes. There is also a small window over the desk in the sitting area. This window only has wood blinds which do not block the light. This causes the whole room to be light in the morning completely making the expensive window treatment next to the bed useless. I travel with an eye mask so it didn't ruin my stay.

The complimentary breakfast was just average. They offer different options each day so guests don't get bored but the food quality is just so so. The coffee is weak and bitter. If you are a coffee person you might want to buy your own.

There is an indoor pool and fitness room. They appeared nice though we did not use them due to time constraints.

We stayed only 3 days but had our stay been longer, Hyatt House would have easily continued meeting all our needs.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay with us. Its reviews like yours that can really help us to improve our offerings to future guests. I'm glad we were able to meet all of your needs during your short time with us. You mentioned the breakfast offerings in your review and I just wanted to let you know that we now will be offering a hot oatmeal station with various toppings as well as a yogurt station offering similar toppings. Also on the breakfast side we now offer an omelet station with both egg whites and regular eggs complete with a variety of 7 toppings. I hope you can come back and visit during your next trip to area and try some of the exciting new breakfast options now available. Take care!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenville
Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville
Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Hotel Arista
Hotel Arista
#2 of 18 in Naperville
SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville

Been to HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville? Share your experiences!