“More geared towards the business traveler”

HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
Reviewed May 17, 2013

One of the best values in a business-class hotel I've ever stayed at! The room was like a small (emphasis on small), upscale studio apartment. You could easily spend a long time here and feel very much at home. The room, while a bit cramped in the sitting area, was very well laid out, very contemporary in decor, and had everything you need to make for a comfortable stay - including a HUGE shower!

Interesting amenities included a cordless phone (but who uses hotel phones anymore??), full size refrigerator, and complementary grocery shopping service if you're cooking for yourself.

The one complaint I have is the presence of a small window with a Venetian blind in the room. While interesting, it allowed light to flood the room in the morning, which caused me to wake up earlier than I would have liked.

All in all, a great room for the price!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BudAndPam
Mark-Schalla, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you very much for the great review. I'm also glad you enjoyed the extra space in studio suite but you did mention that it was a little cramped. The studio suite is just one of the room types at the Hyatt House Warrenville with the others being one-bedroom suites and two-bedroom suites. The one bedroom is really an excellent value add from the studio suites as you actually get a completely separate bedroom with door and expanded kitchen and living area. We hope to see you next time you’re in the area and let us know if you would like to try out one of our one-bedroom suites. Take care.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Our stay at the Hyatt House was great. Great hot breakfast everyday. The rooms have a DVD player which is very helpful. Staff was very professional. Rooms have a mini fridge and microwave as well as a fully stocked kithcen with dishes and pans.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again next time you are in the area!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

From the moment we walked into the Hyatt House for the first time to moment we checked out, it was obvious that this is a well thought out product in every detail. The lobby was modern, yet warm with comfy furniture scattered all around. There was an alcove with public computers for printing boarding passes or general use. In the event you forgot something, they are happy to provide toiletries not already provided in the room. There is a small market with additional items for purchase.

The rooms are brilliantly laid-out and furnished. There is a full kitchen (full size fridge, dishwasher, disposal, stove, small breakfast bar, toaster, microwave, coffee maker, cooking utensils and dishware). The sitting area and king bed are separated by a room-divider containing storage drawers, shelves and a swiveling flat screen t.v. The sectional sofa also opens to a full-size bed. The bathroom contains a large walk-in shower with a bench. There is ample counter space and storage drawers. The roomy closet is located in the bathroom. Hyatt provides excellent shampoo, conditioner, soaps and toothpaste but no skin moisturizer. I found it a bit odd that I had to ask the front desk for that one. Also, there is no safe in the room but there is a hair dryer and iron.

One slightly puzzling design feature is the window treatment. There is a large window next to the bed with excellent light-blackening drapes. There is also a small window over the desk in the sitting area. This window only has wood blinds which do not block the light. This causes the whole room to be light in the morning completely making the expensive window treatment next to the bed useless. I travel with an eye mask so it didn't ruin my stay.

The complimentary breakfast was just average. They offer different options each day so guests don't get bored but the food quality is just so so. The coffee is weak and bitter. If you are a coffee person you might want to buy your own.

There is an indoor pool and fitness room. They appeared nice though we did not use them due to time constraints.

We stayed only 3 days but had our stay been longer, Hyatt House would have easily continued meeting all our needs.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay with us. Its reviews like yours that can really help us to improve our offerings to future guests. I'm glad we were able to meet all of your needs during your short time with us. You mentioned the breakfast offerings in your review and I just wanted to let you know that we now will be offering a hot oatmeal station with various toppings as well as a yogurt station offering similar toppings. Also on the breakfast side we now offer an omelet station with both egg whites and regular eggs complete with a variety of 7 toppings. I hope you can come back and visit during your next trip to area and try some of the exciting new breakfast options now available. Take care!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

It's good for a online price but make sure get your weekend during the week cuz the price for Sunday is double other than that everything was great awesome breakfast and pool area is fabulous and it's only 30 mins away from downtown

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for the great review of the property. Please come back and see us next time you are in the area!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We spent a weekend here again, and had yet another positive experience. The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. We love the fact that we have a full kitchen and although the sectional does pull out into a queen bed, my kids opted to sleep on it as it was and were happy. (They're 14 & 8) The bed was comfy (We have a sleep number so I'm super picky) and even the pillows were nice. Love the large shower. Breakfast was nice as well. One morning they did eggs, sausage and waffles and the next morning it was omelots, eggs, bacon, and I think waffles again. And there were many other choices in addition to those. My son loved the pool. Since we travel to this area at least twice a year, we choose to stay here every time. Thanks for a great stay! :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the great review. We appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts on the property and your stay! We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to the area. Let us know if there is any further we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I cancelled my reservation with this hotel in January, but in March, after the time passed when I was to have stayed, I received an email asking for feedback about the stay. I called the hotel, concerned about being charged, and was told that this email was generated by another system, and that they would not have charged me. They also acknowledged that they had record of the confirmation. Well, I just checked my credit card bill, and guess what I found? A hotel charge from this hotel. I just called them, and was told that they couldn't help me and I had to call back and talk with Lee. So their error is costing me multiple calls and wasted time.

I can't say anything about the quality of the rooms, but if this is a taste of the service, I would not recommend them.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TrpAdvsrMbr
Mark-Schalla, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know more about the problem you encountered with your reservation. I believe I was able to speak with you on the phone and got your card rebated. I apologize that this whole process took too long and was mishandled. I assure you this incident is not a reflection of the level of service that we pride ourselves in here at the Hyatt House Warrenville. We hope this experience doesn't deter you from joining us at the Hyatt House again in the future. Please feel free to reach to me if I can be of further assistance. Thank You!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Based on a friend's recommendation, my family decided to book two One Bedroom King Suites for one night, just to get away and let our children swim. We each had four people, including our young children (ages 2 and 4). We knew the room would have a kitchen, but we didn't expect it to be stocked with dishes, utensils, can and bottle openers, etc. (all in very new condition). It was wonderful having a dishwasher, too! The rooms were spotless, spacious and quiet. We couldn't ask for better.

The free breakfast in the morning was also outstanding. It included eggs, ham, waffles, excellent fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, and more. There were at least three workers restocking food and dishes throughout the time we were there. Even though it was busy, there was plenty of room for people. I didn't see anyone struggle to find a seat (although I do feel bad for the poor family who had to sit at the table our kids sat at - we tried to find a rag!!).

The only issues that we had involved the pool. The pool area was nice and the pool was clean. The floor is concrete, and was very slippery. After my 4-yr old fell (she was going too fast) we made sure to tell the kids to SLOW DOWN while walking. My 10 yr- old nephew slipped and fell while walking. Then my 2-yr old fell while walking with me and holding my hand! The floors in there were much too slippery when wet. They were also out of towels the first time we used the pool. We asked the front desk a couple of times for towels, and they kept saying they were in the drying. We were in the pool longer than an hour, though - they should have been dry. The next morning, we used our room towels. They were out of towels at first, but a girl did bring 5 in while we were there. Unfortunately there were about 12 kids in the pool. The bathroom in the pool area was out of toilet paper both days as well.

I used the workout center, which was very nice! The machines were in mint condition - the same LifeFitness machines I have at my gym.

Overall, we had a wonderful overnight. I would recommend the place to anyone! I hope they find some sort of mat to place by the pool. It was the only downside.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for going out of your way to write this review about your recent stay with us! We're thrilled to hear that you were able to take advantage of so many of the amenities we offer hear at the hotel. I apologize that there was a lack of pool towels available during your stay with us. Our supply was running low, but I'm happy to report that we have received an order of new pool towels since your stay with us to ensure future guests do not experience similar problems. Thank you again for your review as your referral is our biggest compliment.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenville
Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville
Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Hotel Arista
Hotel Arista
#2 of 18 in Naperville

Been to HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville? Share your experiences!