“Definitely Impressed”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
Baldwinsville, New York
“Definitely Impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was impressed from the time I walked through the front door when I was greeted by 2 friendly staff members. Check-in was effortless and informative. The room was clean and comfortable with linens that I would expect at a higher-end hotel. Hot breakfast included a variety of pre-made, but tasty, selections as well as the usual cold items. The only disappointment was that the pool water was cooler than I expected for a "heated" pool. It probably would have been fine for a hot summer day, but in the middle of winter, I was looking for a temperature I could relax in rather than just take a quick dip. Overall, a very good value for my money and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HPWarrenville, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write to us! We really appreciate you sharing all feedback from your stay and are pleased you thought so highly of our services and amenities. Thank you also for the note regarding the pool temperature. Thank you again for your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Turkish first
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I took a little staycation to enjoy the Morton Arboretum one lovely winter's day. This hotel's $69 rate got our attention. Located in what looks like a pretty recently developed area, our GPS didn't recognize the street, but the hotel was easily visible from the main road. Very hip feeling upon arrival - fast, no-hassle check in, easy parking. The room was just phenomenal! My favorite was the huge TV that pivoted so you could watch it from the comfortable sectional sofa or from the bed across the room. The room was spacious and well-decorated and very quiet. Given the rooms we'd stayed in that cost over twice as much, this was a great bargain. Sadly, we did not get up in time for the breakfast service, but nice to know there was even more value-added.

Room Tip: We were at the end of a hallway on the top floor. Heard nothing until we left the room the next mor...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HPWarrenville, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay-cation! It was great to hear you had a wonderful and relaxing time with us. Next time you will have to stay and try our fantastic breakfast selection. Also, make sure you have signed up for the Hyatt Gold Passport program and your next vacation could be paid for by Hyatt Hotels!!! Thanks again, we hope you had a wonderful holiday season!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I took myself a little stay cation this weekend and ended up meeting a bunch of the GM's from Hyatt's all over the country, they were all awesome to hang out with for a bit! I stayed at the bar for the night and the staff was great and social, the room is really nice, like a chic studio apartment and well worth the money!! Very clean and accommodating and the free breakfast rocks too

• Stayed December 2013
You're Awesome! I am happy to hear you had a great time socializing with some of the General Managers that were in town for training. I hope they didn't get you into too much trouble; just kidding! Thank you for your business and taking the time to write us a review. Hopefully we can host your next stay-cation as well! Thank you!
Peoria, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed here while we were in town for a funeral. We were very impressed with the room when we checked in. Fantastic decor, and very warm and inviting. The front desk staff was very friendly. The breakfast was BY FAR the best I've had at a hotel to date. No waffle press with sausages over sterno here, folks. There was real food made in a real kitchen. Biscuits and English muffins topped with omelette-style goodies, a variety of fresh fruit, bowls of yogurt with granola to top, the works. Plus, you are given real flatware to eat with. I know the breakfast isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but these guys made a lasting impression on me with how they operate.

• Stayed December 2013
ALL RIGHT!!!! Thank you for the passionate review and the run down of our breakfast offerings. I couldn't have written a better review myself! Breakfast is a big deal around here and we are very pleased to be able to offer a very satisfying meal every morning with plenty of options. Thank you very much for taking the time to share all your feedback with us!
Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

My family and I were NOT comfortable with this room layout, although the qulity of the hotel is overall good. Seems like the room was spacious, but not optimal. Wasted open areas, verses small non-comfortable bath, and tiled shower. Even the sink was oddly shaped and was awkward to use. The faucet was in an angel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review! We appreciate the feedback and apologize that the room layout wasn't to your expectations. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Hyatt Place Chicago Naperville Warrenville!
Decatur IL (USA)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed at this property on the Monday and Tuesday nights of the Thanksgiving week, after the company I was meeting with suggested it.

I read the reviews on TA and requested (and received) a room away from the elevators.

I didn't sleep well the first night (Room #207), because the HVAC system's fan was not able to be set to "Constant On" and the very slight external noise was tough on me. That option was either just not working or it had been deliberately disabled, perhaps to reduce energy usage.

I asked the front desk person to have Maintenance take a look while I was away on Tuesday - and upon my return they disabled the controls near the room's entrance - and the "Constant On" worked fine from the unit itself below the exterior window.

I slept much, much better - and still don't know if this was a maintenance issue or something deliberate. If deliberate... it's a super-bad idea in my opinion. I've got to do better about checking the room out before I unpack and get comfortable.

The room itself was comfortable and quiet. I like the extra-roomy shower with great pressure - and the bath shampoo/conditioners were really nice.

Breakfast was included and it was good. A nice selection of cereals, fresh fruit, some juices, and some breakfast sandwiches or French toast (and little donuts).

There was also a Wall Street Journal available each morning... and the WiFi worked well and is included in the room charge).

I'm normally a Hilton property guy (Hilton Garden Inn) - but was really pleased with the Hyatt Place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and check out the HVAC fan for "Constant On" if that...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for providing all the feedback and taking the time out of your day to do so. I am happy to hear we were able to rectify the issue the second night, and am truly sorry your first evenings expectations fell short. We pride ourselves on the guest experience and creating top notch accommodations. We also are thrilled to have been able to have you try us out over your typical preference and want to do anything we ensure we keep your business. Please give me a shout next time you are headed to the area and I will personally handle all aspects of your stay. Thank you again for your business!
Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

i stay at this hotel for at least two nights per month with my family. I love the two bedroom suite because each bedroom has a king sized bed. Always clean. Nice, helpful staff. Free breakfast every morning and snacks in the evenings on Mon - Thur evenings.
Nice fully workable kitchen in each room, large bathrooms with great water pressure in the shower. Shampoo and conditioner provided do not work for my long, thick hair, as they are rather generic, but that is really the only negative thing I can say.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. We really appreciate the feedback and love to share previous guests stories and experiences with the entire staff. Hopefully we will see you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenville
HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville

Been to Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville? Share your experiences!