“Don't stay here!”

Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Do not stay here. This hotel had the worst service. I accidentally left something in my room after we checked out and it was never found. I've talked to five people and no one is willing to help. I'm thinking of writing the corporate office and filing a police report. Don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2012
HPWarrenville, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize that the shirts you left in the guest room were not found. I know how frustrating it can be to lose items while traveling. Once again, I am sincerely sorry we were unable to recover your shirts, we always put forth significant effort to get lost items back to their owner. Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip.

Room was spacious with all I could need, including plenty of desk space. Good range of breakfast foods. Good location and a free shuttle bus that you can book to take you anywhere within reason. We got them to run us to the train station for a night out in Chicago and off to a restaurant.

Main attraction is the staff - very helpful and willing to chat to 2 guys from out of town; gave us lots of advice on where to eat, what beers to drink and really went above and beyond the call of duty.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Quinton, VA
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I've never had a bad experience with any Hyatt property and this was no exception. My business trip took me to Aurora, IL (approx. 5 miles away) and this hotel is conveniently located to alot of local flavor to include excellent restaurants and decent night life. The hotel itself is well appointed with modern features such as a large HDTV that is positioned so that it can be viewed from the sleeping area or the "living room" area. The hotel staff was friendly and offered a quick smile and engaged in brief chatter whenever we encountered them. One thing that they might want to change is to have in-room safes available but other than that...and excellent place lay your head.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Baden, PA
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this Hyatt. The overall ambiance of the hotel is excellent. Upscale service. Great breakfast with fresh food and lots of choices. Clean breakfast area with many tables. Suite was tastefully furnished. Large sitting area slightly separated from bedroom area. Sink outside of main bath. HD TV with tons of channels. Kitchen area with refrigerator and coffee bar/counter. Work desk with many port options. Only downsides: Fan in room very noisy (has anyone stayed anywhere that the fan is quiet??). Bathroom could be a few inches larger.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor with views of small lakes/and lovely sunsets. Many good restaurants with...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your terrific and thorough review of the Hyatt Place Chicago Naperville Warrenville. We are all thrilled you found our hotel accommodating and comfortable during your stay. We love that fact that we are able to offer a unique design in our guest rooms as well as the upgraded amenities you mentioned such as the kitchen area and extensive high-definition television selection. Thank you again for a review that truly made us proud to serve!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 11, 2012

At less than $100 a night, this hotel is a good value for the money. The rooms are huge and pretty much function as suites- ours had a separate sitting area with a large couch, desk, and minibar. The pool and weight room were nice and clean. The hotel offers free breakfast with a lot of hot and cold food and drink choices. Internet access was also free and we received a free copy of the Wall Street Journal waiting outside our door in the morning. If ever in the area, I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your response! We are very passionate about our guests and the amenities we have to offer. We are constantly upgrading features of the hotel to further impress our guests! We are very proud of our new hot breakfast and all the options we can provide our travelers! Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you again very soon!
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Newer facility with upscale lobby area. Staff is young, but friendly and energetic. Prepared food is available 24/7 from a downstairs snackbar... no room service, and nothing elaborate on the menu, but certainly enough to tide you over... sandwiches, hot and cold, small pizzas, salads, desserts, beer and wine. It's a good thing this snack bar is available, because I didn't see much else nearby.

Large, nicely furnished sleeping rooms. VERY large sofa in "living room" separated from bedroom by a half wall. I struggled to operate the large flat screen TV, but, after some adjustments by the hotel staff, got the hang of it (need to stand back farther from the TV). There is no body lotion in the rooms, but they do have toothpaste. The Wall Street Journal was at my door in morning.

After some initial concerns about loud customers at the other end of my hall, the room and hotel turned out to be very quiet the night I was there. No problems. One minor complaint - they didn't zero out my bill, so I had to stop by the front desk on the way out so I could claim it on my expense voucher. The room rate was quite reasonable.

This hotel has an excellent complementary breakfast with hot breakfast sandwiches, French toast, oatmeal, fresh fruit, etc. Nice large sunny seating area - plenty of room between 6:30 AM and 7:00 AM. The breakfast pulls this hotel up to a "very good" rating. I didn't need to eat again until that evening..

The Hyatt Place is 27 miles from O'Hare, right off of I-88 West, with two tolls of $1.50 each on the way.

I wouldn't mind staying here again, or I might try somewhere else next time. There's a similar looking Hyatt House right next door, also new and nice, but without, I'm told, a snackbar or restaurant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear that you were so pleased with our new hot breakfast and all the options we provide. Sounds like you had a very comfortable stay and enjoyed the hotel amenities. We certainly hope you choose the Hyatt Place Chicago Naperville Warrenville while traveling to the area in the future. We truly appreciate your business. Thank you again for the wonderful review!
St Louis Missouri
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was our second visit to this hotel in a year. We booked this hotel at the last minute so we were not given the best room. Also, there was a softball team at the hotel! So, when we checked in the receptionist said she would put us in a room away from the team. We ended up in a room that backed up to the ice machine. So during the night we could hear people getting ice. Also, the room lacked a remote for the TV. They were prompt in getting us a remote. The room key swipe pad was broken and so we had to make multiple trips to reception to get into the room. As we were checking out, maintenance came to replace the key swipe. Staff was very apologetic. I would try to book a room in Hyatt House which is next door next time I am in the area. The price was good though!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! I was incredibly disappointed to hear your stay was less comfortable than your previous. We strive to provide comfortable accommodations and superb service for all our guests, each and every stay. I understand how frustrating it can be when a hotel stay falls short of expectations. I would love to invite you back to the hotel, the next time you are in the area, and I will personally ensure you have a fantastic stay! Thank you again for your feedback and review, I look forward to an outstanding next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenville
HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville

Been to Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville? Share your experiences!