“Great stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 16, 2010

We were here for three days for a family wedding. This has to be the friendliest staff we have ever encountered at a hotel. They were great. Our room was good-sized, clean and nicely appointed. We did have a bad draft from the window but since it was around zero while we were there, that was probably the case in many places. Used the fitnees room, very nice except for one treadmill that wasn't working properly. Wish breakfast hadn't been so expensive but there are lots of eating places nearby so not a big deal. And there were coffeemakers in the room and coffee in the lobby. We had a great rate on the room, too, which made everything even better. A terrific place to stay that we'll use again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 29, 2009

We checked in late for a one night stay. The hotel is fairly new and the lobby looked like it. Our receptionist handled the check-in fine. Our first surprise was the heavy oil smell in the elevator. There appeared to be vents at the floor level which let in the smell. I've never seen those before. When we got to our room (we booked a suite) we found it was "handicap accessible". Since we didn't want this type of room we asked if there was another suite available. We were told all the suites were "barrier free". Quite a surprise. The problems for us with the room were a very small shower where most of the space was taken up by a folded up seat and very low coat racks in the closet. Not necessarily the end of the world but not what we expected from stays at other Garden Inns. Also the water left a film on the glass so we purchased some bottled water to drink.

Overall the hotel did not meet our expectations from stays at many other Hilton Garden Inns.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Fantastic nights stay at this hotel. It's located across from a movie theatre, a target, jamba juice, supercuts, starbucks - so you have everything you need in one area.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I stayed at this location for the first time in July 2009. My overall rating is excellent primarily due to the cleanliness of the hotel. Everything was spotless. My room, while a standard room, was excellent with nice amenities. My 3-night stay was great and will stay again.

As usual, the good, bad, and ugly:

The Good
- Clean. Everything.
- Bed. Very comfortable with a nice selection of pillows and fresh comforter.
- Overall room. The hotel is likely almost new because it was spotless. Nice working area and the room was large enough that I felt better than staying in some smaller rooms I sometimes find myself in.
- Bathroom. Nice large shower (with plenty of hot water) and solid amenities.
- Mini-bar, nice television, closet, well-placed light switches, cold air conditioning, etc.
- Service at front desk and bar area was also very polite and timely. They greeted me each time I approached. A nice touch.
- High speed broadband was a nice touch. Easy to connect to with good speeds.
- The area around the hotel is filled with various restaurants, Starbucks, Target, movie theater, etc. Within walking distance! Very nice. I even recall walking on sidewalks, which is rare in the States!

The Bad
- My Hilton points account must have closed to due inactivity. When I gave my number the front desk couldn't find it. I confirmed that it had closed but they promised to reopen it and apply the points. This never happened and I did not press the issue at check-out.

- The Ugly
- Nothing!

Again, I will stay here again (and this time get my rewards corrected) and highly recommend this to business travelers or leisure travelers with happenings in the area.

Happy travels!

Jeremy

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2009

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn because it was the designated hotel for out of town guests for a wedding that I attended. The hotel was very well done -- nice and new facilities, friendly staff, and clean throughout. I used the free high speed internet (which included free printing in the business center) from my room. It worked very well. Also, the fitness center has gym-quality treadmills with LCD screens, free weighs, and elliptical machines. Although I did not use the small pool and hot tub, they seemed fairly nice as well.

I would say this is like a hybrid between a full service hotel (i.e. a full Hyatt, Hilton, or Marriott) and a mid-level hotel (i.e. Holiday Inn Express, Hampton, etc.). The full service feature is the restaurant, business center, and larger lobby. The mid-grade aspects are the fact that it is not as grandiose (i.e. no porters, room service, huge conference rooms).

Pros:
Very nice shower with clear glass room;
Comfortable bed;
LCD TV;
Spacious room;
Desk with Herman Miller Chair (yea!)

Cons:
Pay for breakfast.

Overall: RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We stayed at the Garden Inn to attend a volleyball camp. The Hotel had everything we needed, nothing fancy but everything useful. Every room has a refrigerator and microwave so we could keep our water and food items cold. It was quiet and relaxed, which allowed us to get much needed rest. The coin operated laundromat was very handy. It is surrounded by a multitude of food establishments. Free high speed ethernet connection so I could work at night. Best of all, however, the Front Desk Staff were extremely helpful, friendly, and competent. My daughter and I had a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We stayed here to visit friends in the area and to do some sight-seeing in downtown during the independence day holiday weekend. It's a very nice hotel located convenient to stores and restaurants in a quaint suburban area. If you want to take the train to downtown, it's a quick 5 minute or less drive to the station. The hotel is very well maintained, our rooms were very clean, and service was very good. The staff was friendly and accomodating. They printed us a train schedule and helped us with directions, gave us tips for places in the area to catch fireworks, etc. I love that all rooms in this hotel have a microwave and fridge. If I had to pick on an area for improvement it would be the breakfast in the restaurant. You pay one price (I think it was $10.95) and it includes a combination of self-serve items (like fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, cereal) AND made-to-order items like waffles, omelets, french toast. They really did a poor job replenishing the self-serve items. Also the made-to-order was a bit of a joke. The server will take your order and provide it to the ONE chef cooking. That chef really couldn't keep up with the demand of several tables ordring food (I think she had only ONE waffle maker!!). We were traveling with another couple and each of us ordered an item....and we all received our food a separate times...about a good 5-10 minutes apart. My boyrfriend ordered 2 pancakes and waited a long time for them. When they were finally brought to the table, all he got were 2 very TINY silver dollar sized pancakes. We all laughed because they were the sadest things I ever saw. Very very strange way to run a restaurant. The hotel also offers free high speed Internet which is a nice amenity. I would certainly stay at the hotel again because it's an incredible value for such a nice place but I would never eat in the restaurant again unless they made significant improvements.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenville
1 mi away
Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora
1 mi away
Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville? Share your experiences!