“Great Value”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Wadsworth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I met some business associates here after arriving late and discovering they were just getting their salads... A 10 minute ride from everyone's hotels, the location is great-warning for law enforcement camped on the highway dividers though after dark. I was not speeding and driving along I was shocked they were parked there in the dark.

The place apparently has been on tv a few times. I am reading reviews and I must have overlooked the appetizers. No problem though as I will be returning next visit! Very good value at this place, staff all appear to enjoy working here (a GOOD sign at an eatery) and overall great-we shut the place down last night talking business until late.

I had the wild boar burger which was very well prepared-the horseradish went great with it as well. Both my colleagues had seafood dishes that they raved about-I just cold not make myself order seafood in N Chicago when I live in New England where they also are known for a bit of skill with seafood dishes!

1  Thank anton_new_england
There are newer reviews for The Shanty

Reviewed April 1, 2014

went there 3 or 4 times, decent food and good price. Decent bar choice. The bread they bring before the main course was super and I ate 3 mini loaves.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I most always go out for breakfast after church on Sunday. The Shanty has become a favorite. I'm sure lots of people don't know that the Shanty serves breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. The eggs are always cooked just the way we like them, the potatoes are great and the jam for the toast is first rate. Not that stuff in a a package you get at other restaurants. Service is usually quick, even when the restaurant is very busy. Lots of hot coffee. Now what more could you ask for.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Was an awesome experince a little croweded but is expanding can't wait to go back again. Had the Prime rib and Alligator for appitizer is well worth the price.

1  Thank Gregory G
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Went there for breakfast.looked real crowded . But was seated immediately . We loved the decor of the place old fashion and comfortable. The bloody Mary's were delicious . The food was delicious and the servers were friendly as can be. Portion were huge also.We will be coming back for dinner.