“Awesome Food”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Wadsworth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Was an awesome experince a little croweded but is expanding can't wait to go back again. Had the Prime rib and Alligator for appitizer is well worth the price.

1  Thank Gregory G

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Went there for breakfast.looked real crowded . But was seated immediately . We loved the decor of the place old fashion and comfortable. The bloody Mary's were delicious . The food was delicious and the servers were friendly as can be. Portion were huge also.We will be coming back for dinner.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Sometimes it can be noisy, but the food is always good. Great location and great owner. Worth a look

2  Thank csmdesignstudio
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We've had several meals at the Shanty but am wondering why we still go there...
The food is ok but nothing I'd rave about. The atmosphere is nice and the service is great.
With the family owned fish market right next door you would think the seafood would be excellent but at least the Cod for the Friday Night fish fry was one of the worst fish fries I've had, and I've lots of them..
Bland, tasteless and dry. Hey, but the salad was good!
Lukewarm beer...Whatever...
Nice try guys,
I must say that the appetizers are good. Try the whiskey shrimp..
The afterglow of being on Drive-ins, Diners and Dives can't last forever...

Reviewed November 27, 2013

A very unique dining experience in the middle of nowhere.Extensive menu offering many great choices. I had one of the featured specials ,the walleye fish , very generous portion broiled to perfection .Five steak filets all but one cooked to perfection .The shrimp dejongh was a tasty appetizer. I opted for the oysters.We have eaten here several times with our family who reside in Lake Villa, I'll. A great locals stop .... Check it out if ever in the area.

1  Thank Flick115