“Amazing Getaway”
Review of The Lotus Suites

The Lotus Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wadsworth
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I wanted to get away for some quality time, so we decided to go to Chicago and also a hotel with great pricing (wr had a rental car). This hotel was amazing! Truly a hone away from home. The rooms were spacious, we had the King suite, that came with everything we could possibly need. The staff were very friendly, and even offered to make more breakfast when we came down late. We were also able to go to two outlets and on a movie date. Small commute into the city, but its so cozy you'll want to stay in. We would DEFINITELY stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosee_cheeks

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Great place to stay for extended stay (6 months). While the rooms are not the fanciest I've stayed in, they are clean and huge. I had a kitchen table, kitchenette and a separate bedroom for the price of a standard room elsewhere. Kid sized bed was comfortable Used the fridge and microwave and other rooms have full featured kitchens.

Décor was a bit dated, but they were renovating the rooms on the west end plus the lobby while I was there. They have a social night where people are invited to the lodge to get to know the other guests. Large BBQ's outside for use by the guests (but they were covered in snow when I was there).

Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ice machines can be noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We Stayed at this Hotel over Valentine Weekend. We Thought we were getting a nice bathroom with seperate shower and tube from the pictures the web showed. In the first room we were in the furniture was scratched and chipped and looked like it had pulled from a goodwill store. In that room we turned down the bed and the pillow cases were stained so I went back to the desk and they said they would exchange our room. I thought was going to be an upgrade but when we went to next floor up was same style room much cleaner but when you tried to adjust tv on the Stand would almost fall over. The Ice machine on the third floor was not even operating till me told one of the house keepers. Also the lobby and refreshment area was under remodeling which should have been listed on website. Was extremely disapointed and would never recommend this hotel to anyone is extremely outdated and smells old and closed up.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gregory G
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding. Hotel is not really close to anything. If you want food you have a ways to go. The hotel was connected to the reception area, so that was nice. Hotel itself was average. Rooms are big. Very basic and dated decor. Carpet stains galore. They tout their breakfast but I was not impressed. Both mornings it was the same: thin, tasteless omelet eggs, dry biscuits, a chopped up mix of melons. I did not try the gravy. Did not look good. Coffee was good. On the morning of checkout, hours before checkout, everyone's room keys were deactivated. So we went down to the lobby for breakfast and then could not get back into the room. Most trekked back to the lobby to active their keys, We asked a maid and she let us in our room with no questions. Made it seem like she was used to it. I would not stay here again unless it was for a wedding reception in the attached venue.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a wedding a couple months ago and everything was great. From the ceremony to the stay it was a full service experience. The area where we had the wedding, was on the golf course and I was very impressed by the scenery of the surrounding nature. More so, I was impressed by the care and speed of service provided to us by the staff. Their efforts to provide us the best service truly made the wedding go much smoother. The actual room was very big and most importantly looked and smelled like it was brand new. Some hotel rooms are dirty and have a distinct stench to them but that was not the case here. To aid to the smoothness, everyone in the wedding party was able to get their rooms figured out and booked quickly upon arrival which really saved a headache. One of the features that really stood out to me was the delicious complimentary breakfast in the morning. Overall I thought this was a great establishment and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I went to this hotel for a golf outing with some friends and could not be more happy with the service, condition, cleanliness, breakfast, pool and scenery on the golf course. Perfect place for a getaway- whether for romantic or family purpose.
When first walking in the room, I automatically realized that it was larger than any standard room I had previously stayed in. The linens were very crisp, and the beds had just the right amount of firmness. New carpets, friendly staff, hot breakfast- one of very few golf resorts in the area. Will be coming much more frequently to play the beautiful 18 hole course and spend a nice relaxing night in the hotel with my wife and kids.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel is in desperate need of repair and updates. Rooms show definite signs of wear and have seen better days. Our room smelled musty and very smoky. Entry keys needed be re-coded every day, they told us that the keys are sensitive to magnetic fields and cell phones, but this has never happened to us at other hotels. Room A/C was very loud and made it difficult to sleep. Fitness equipment was broken and didn’t work. When you can get in due to the broken door, the pool is way too small for the amount of people at this hotel and too cold to swim. The Breakfast was poor and understaffed. The quality wasn't worth what we paid for the room. Service was severely lacking as it took 2 days to get me a do not disturb sign for the door. Nothing worse than getting an early morning wake up knock from the maid who wants to clean your room. Do not stay here unless you can get super deal or just do not care about quality. We were very disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wadsworth
Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee
#2 of 11 in Gurnee
3 mi away
Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center
The Inn at Market Square

Been to The Lotus Suites? Share your experiences!