The Lotus Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf coursehot tubgolf resortcancer treatment centercountry settinghome away from homeseparate bedroomwedding receptionmini vacationlotus suitesworkout roomhotel roomwould stay here againbreakfast bargreat customer servicefree breakfastzion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We found this hotel using Hotwire, we want something near Six Flags Great America but not really expensive. We really expected something different but to our surprise, the hotel was really accommodating:

1. The 1 bedroom room has a sofa/bed in the 'living' room with 2 LCD TV's, one on the room and the other in the 'living' room, so you can leave the kids out of the room if you want some privacy.
2. The room has a small fridge, a microwave, a dinner table for 4, a sink, coffee machine, 2 air conditioners, a small coat area, and a few cabinets for food storage.
3. The bathroom has separate vanity and bathtub/toilet areas, so you can get ready while other take a bath.
4. The outside was really appealing with a gulf court right on the back.
5. The gym is one of the few I had seen that had weights, along cardio machines.
6. The indoor pool is small but adequate and they have a hot tub next to it. The weekend we stay the pool thermostat was defective and the water was ice cold but the manager told another guest he will take care of it immediately. I just wished they did fix the issue during the weekend so we can use it after a day in Six Flags.
7. The rooms are quiet and clean but the overall carpet of the building needs replacement. Wall paper is old, but ok.
8. The included breakfast was average and it will be removed prior 10:00 AM, so you need to be there at least at 9:20 AM.
9. Close to Six Flags, Walmart, Shopping Centers, and food.
10. They bake cookies and share without cost during the afternoons.
11. They have a book exchange area where you can leave any book and take another for free.
12. They have 2 grills outside if you want to cook for the family.
13. They do offer free rides to some locations.
14. The main street is being expanded to accomodate 4 lanes in a near future, this may be an inconvenient for some.

In overall, great location, outstanding price, and a great find!

Downside:
The only complain I had is in regards the manager. One of the cleaning employees seems to have some discrepancies with her hours and was requesting an adjustment and the manager was yelling at her in front of me. I was waiting to get the directions to their business center to book another hotel and continue the family trip and he responded rude when I ask. Also, during checkout I asked him for a printed receipt and he told me that I can print it online. As a paying customer, I did expect something better from management. However, the hotel in overall was a great find and I do recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Great find! 3 room size options available: studio, 1 or 2 bed rooms with door for added privacy. Better than expected!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

this is decent hotel, very spacious rooms. My husband, myself, and our 2 kids stayed here. it was nice to have the small fridge, sink, and microwave. the carpet could need replacing and the bathroom was pretty small, but overall the room was big, which is nice for a family of 4. the breakfast was good and the staff was nice. we booked 2 nights through hotwire and 1 night directly through them and there was no problem with us staying in the same room. very convenient to six flags and the mall. overall we did like this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice quiet location - away from the traffic and congestion by Great America and Gurnee Outlet Mall - but still very convenient, easy drive to those attractions. Beautiful setting on golf course. Room was very clean and very large. Everything about the facility was awesome. Grandkids came and used the very spacious, clean and WARM pool. Had great time. Whirlpool was working. (Which it doesn't work at other hotels down by Great America that we have stayed at in the past.)

But the best part of this hotel is the incredibly helpful staff! They go above and beyond in making your stay perfect. For example, I slept in and didn't get down to the breakfast area until 9:45 and it was to close at 10:00. To my initial dismay, all the items had already been cleaned up. My face must have shown my disappointment. But the staff hostess, said "NO PROBLEM". She went in the back and made me fresh eggs, sausage and breakfast potatoes! I really didn't expect her to do that. She made sure I had everything I wanted for breakfast and it was delicious. The front desk staff was equally helpful and friendly. (The fresh cookies at the front desk are a nice touch too.) They met my every need -- including finding a plastic bag for wet swim suit and bringing a recliner into my room for my specific medical needs. Very impressed by every staff person we encountered!

We stay in this area frequently when we come down to visit the grandsons (5 boys in same famiy) for our peace and quiet get-a-way. But, while our son had his wedding reception here at Midlane, we had never actually stayed at the hotel before. We found a great Hotwire rate for this stay and we have now found our new Favorite hotel. This is Way, Way better than the other 2 1/2 and 3 star hotels in Gurnee area!!! Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bogiegramma
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We have stayed there many times as my husband is a CTCA patient. It is the best place of all the choices CTCA gives you, I have tried the others, they treat you like family and the shuttle driver, Robert is the best! If you are a patient of CTCA this is the place to stay! The rooms and beds are very comfortable, they have a great patio with grills and good breakfast and Thursday evening social hour.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family