“Poor service and amenities that were small or didn't work.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lotus Suites

The Lotus Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wadsworth
“Poor service and amenities that were small or didn't work.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

First off, it is off the beaten path with nothing around it. When we got there, the first room they gave us was extremely smoky smelling, so they switched us to another of the same room 2 doors down. The pool was super small and the spa only held 3 people at a time. And on the 2nd night the spa water was colder than the pool water! Breakfast was o.k., nothing special. When we checked out, no one asked how are stay was! Guess they did not want to know. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chesterfield, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel had a dated feel - but it was very clean. We went to this hotel when we went to Six Flags Amusement Park. It was difficult to find originally but was very nice. It had that 80's feeling to the furnishings but was upscale and on a golf course. The room was very spacious with a kitchen and eating area along with the living room area with a pullout bed. The kingsized bed was very comfortable. We would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cathy s
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is "just ok", nothing special. Hotel appears clean enough, but think the hotel just recently must have gone non-smoking. Our room was clean, but had a lingering smoke smell. They deodorized it, which helped, but the smell was still there.

The "hot breakfast" is pretty weak. Today had per-made egg things like you see at a Hampton Inn. Also had biscuits & gravy that was clearly basic & re-warmed... Cereal consisted of Corn Flakes & that's it. Limited selection of yogurt in fridge that was barely cold... No meat selection except what in biscuits & gravy...

Hotel isn't the easiest to get to. Not close to highway & no restaurants or anything right near by.

Again, was just ok. Not bad, but not too good either.

I'd stay elsewhere if you have a choice.

• Stayed August 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on June 29, 2012. I don't even know where to start. Checking in took forever. Went to get in the hot tub oh sorry no hot water. No change at front desk for laundry, I was told to go to corner store. No housekeeping services were provided. Found housekeeper in hallway ask for towels, she didn't speak English and gave me wet towels. Then when i received my statement I was double charged, they told me I had two rooms and I was a no call no show for one. Really!!! Never again!!! Breakfast was alright.....

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Baba S
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on June 15, 2012. After check in I went up to the room to find it only had one bed. I went to the desk and asked to change rooms. He said I could not change because I booked it online. I even told him I would pay a higher rate. He still said no. So I asked for an extra pillow and blanket so the kids could sleep on the floor. I was ok with that because it was only for one night. When we got back to the hotel around 1am, there were no extra items in the room like he said there would be. Then I pulled out the pullout sofa to find dirty sheets balled up in the middle. I went down to the desk and got help. She brought me a rollaway bed and extra sheets. While she was up there my daughter tried to take a shower and water went everywhere. The showerhead was broken. The clerk tried to fix it but could not. She cleaned up the water with all of the clean towels and did not bring us any more. She told me that we would have to take showers like that. There was no way I was going to stand there and try to hold the showerhead and wash my hair at the same time. The ac unit in the bedroom didn"t work right and the list goes on. But what makes me more upset was the fact that the new clerk at checkout couldn"t help me and told me that a manager would call me on Monday. It is now July 9, 2012 and I have not heard from anybody.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hammond, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

My family and I really enjoyed staying here. The staff was very kind. The rooms were spacious. The breakfast was very good also. My only regret was not bringing food along since it did come with a mini fridge and microwave.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MLee826
Freeland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

E. Davis
Spent a couple weeks in June, was pleasantly suprised by service and friendliness of entire staff. Only decided to write this review after seeing a few reviews; I couldn't believe they stayed at the same place. Don't take my word for it give it a try,
and make sure you try breakfast, it is one of the best self serve I've seen in any hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Enoch D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wadsworth
Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee
The Inn at Market Square
Illinois Beach Resort and Conference Center
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Comfort Inn Gurnee
Comfort Inn Gurnee
#2 of 11 in Gurnee

Been to The Lotus Suites? Share your experiences!