“Great hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wadsworth
Tracy, CA
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while being evaluated at the Cancer Treatment Center in Zion. We had a room with one king bed and one queen the beds were very comfortable and had plenty of blankets and pillows. The sink and mirror were outside the bathroom which was very handy with 2 people getting ready in the morning. It had a good size refridgerator and microwave in room with sink and counter space too. There was also a huge mirror over this kitchenette area which helped with 2 of us putting on make-up. It was very peaceful and the staff was extremely nice and helpful. The shuttle driver (Robert) that drove us back and forth to the hospital was the best! They have a great breakfast: waffles, hot bar with different things each day like biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage or ham, scrambled eggs. They also had a cold side with fresh fruit every day, boiled eggs, and yogurts. They offer evening cookies at the front desk that were good. They have a Thursday night social evening where they have a choice of foods and drinks for free to enjoy. My daughter tried out the pool and it wasn't too cool or too warm, and it was well maintained. There was also a hot tub. There was a workout room next to the pool area. The area is rather secluded but nice. We even took a walk in the subdivision behind the hotel. The gold course looked beautiful, they had it set up for a wedding too. It was a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
MidlaneHawthorn, Director of Sales at The Lotus Suites, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

I appreciate you taking time to write this review and I hope you give us the oppurtunity to serve you better during your next visit.

Jeshal Sheth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at the Hawthorne Suites during a weekend trip to Great America. We booked 2 rooms (with 2 beds each - 1 King and 1 Queen). The rooms were beautifully appointed, clean and spacious. The sink was outside the bathroom./shower - which depending upon your tastes, is a good thing or bad thing. The complimentary toiletries were minimal (1 bar of soap and 1 bottle of shampoo - no lotion, conditioner or shower cap) - but this didn't bother us as we came prepared.

We had requested connecting rooms - and although the Hawthorne did not seem to have them, they did place our 2 rooms right across the hall from one-another, which was VERY much appreciated and convenient!

The room had a nice kitchen area w/fridge, sink, coffee maker and microwave. A nice table that seats 4 was a nice plus. The grounds are off the beaten path and very green, quiet and lovely. Very quiet at night. The beds are super comfortable - the most comfortable I've experienced in a hotel.

The free buffet breakfast is okay - nothing spectacular. There is a waffle maker, toast, yogurt, fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy, and eggs (scrambled with ham, or plain omelets). The coffee is available 24/7 and comes out of a dispenser - nice to have at all hours, but not very flavorful. The dining area is nicely appointed and spacious. It was busy - but ample seating during our stay. We did eat there on the day we went to Great America - but went to the Cracker Barrel on Sunday after checking out.

The pool was clean - but not very big. In fact, this was one of the key aspects of our visit - we really wanted a spacious pool. The photos online are misleading and make the pool appear bigger than it really is. I was really quite shocked when I got there. But because we were the only people in the pool when we arrived - it was okay. Had there been even 2 or 3 more there - it would have been crowded. Unlike one of the other reviewers stated - the pool was NOT cold. It was, in fact, on the warm side - like tepid bath water.

The staff was exceptional and professional. Thanks to Gilbert who checked us in and accommodated our every request with gracious kindness and hospitality.

The Hawthorne is an easy drive to Great America and Gurnee Mills - if you don't mind an extra 15 minutes in the car. To us, it was well worth a few extra miles drive to come back to a clean, quite and lovely setting.

We would definitely stay here on future visits.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
MidlaneHawthorn, Director of Sales at The Lotus Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Sir,

I thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. Let me take this oppurtunity to assure you that you will have all the required bath amenities and a better breakfast presentation. We would like to serve you and your family during your next visit and make it memorable. Although we are off the beaten path you and a lot of our other guest have enjoyed the location and the greenery surrounding us. It is only because of guests such as you that we at the Hawthorn Suites have gained populairty and been able to excel stay over stay.

Jeshal Shet
Regional Director of Sales
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The place exceeded our expectations. We chose it due to its proximity to Six Flags. Well, first of all, they upgraded us for free to a two king-size beds room because a smaller one was not ready. The room was spacious, a rare feat in mid-range hotels these days. It also had a mini-kitchen, which we always find very convenient traveling with kids. The hotel itself sits right next to a golf club (I'm not a golf enthusiast, but those of you who are, may find this very convenient).

The hotel serves a basic breakfast in the mornings. They also have a pool. Another convenience is the guest laundry room where you can wash and dry your clothes.

I'd say the only shortcoming is that there's no food nearby (the bar/restaurant of the golf club was closed), so you need to drive a couple of miles to the nearest restaurant - still, it's only a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,

I truly appreciate you taking time to send us your thoughts and comments. We are thrilled to know you were upgraded and that you enjoyed your stay. We will make sure we will enhance our breakfast options sooner than later.

We will also make sure to train our front desk to give you options of restaurants in the area. We have the Shanty which is located a mile from us and they give all our guest 15% discount. Also if you were here over the weekend, we have the Friday Night Fish Fry with Jazz Music at the Cove which is located within the hotel, adjacent to the golf course.

Due to our remote scenic and serene location we have partnered with restaurants to offer our guest 15 to 30% discount on their meals.

Hope you do choose to stay with us in the future and present me with an oppurtunity to serve you better.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed September 3, 2011

This was my first time staying at this location. I stayed for 3 nights while in the area on business. First of all, for the golf lovers, the hotel shares the property with a very nice golf course. I wish I had brought my clubs and added an extra day to my trip to play 18. In any event, here's my take on this hotel.

I arrived after sunset. The first thing I noticed was this place is located in a rural/country setting. No other hotels or businesses around it, a couple of houses down the road, but for the main part, this hotel is surrounded by peaceful NW Illinois countryside. The parking lot was well-lit. The lobby was clean and inviting. The front desk person was very friendly and got me checked in relatively quickly.
I stayed in room #224. It was big, clean, and well appointed for my needs. The room had a kitchenette including a microwave, coffeemaker, minifridge, and sink. There were barstools and a breakfast bar.
A decent sized kitchen table with chairs, couch, television and coffee table rounded out the living portion of the room.
The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. There's an iron and ironing board neatly hidden behind a mirrored wall unit. The bathroom was clean and the shower had lots of pressure and hot water.
Of utmost importance was the availability of wi-fi in the hotel. It worked great in my room, the lobby, breakfast area, and parking lot.
My only disappointment was the television which probably needs to be replaced. Everything and everyone on the screen had a reddish hue, which tells me it's about time for the thing to retire.
The breakfast bar had waffles, eggs, sausage, cold cereal, toast, coffee, juice, yogurt, and hash browns to choose from.
This hotel caters well to the business traveler. It's approximately a 15 minute drive from Six Flags so if you're going to the area for that it's another option besides the places closer to the park, in the middle of all the congestion.
If business brings me back to the area, I'll stay here there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

I thank you for all your positive comments and I thank you choosing us for your past stay and for your future stays as well. I apologize for the television issue and I will make certain we have that rectified, however we are moving to flat screen televisions by year end so you should be in for the treat.

Also if you forget to bring your clubs along, you can always ask the front desk and we can have the golf course rent you one. If not I will give you my personal clubs if necessary.

We truly appreciate your patronage.

Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We came in because my mother was having surgery for breast cancer at the Cancer treatment centers of America. My Aunt, Sister, and one year old nephew slept in the King size bed together. My aunt broke out first and we took her to the hospital were they gave her cream for scabies. My sister had to fly home because her son started school the next week. When she got home she broke out and went to the hospital and they treated her for scabies. The best part is when we spoke to the general manager he said he had to speak to the operational manager to see if he could give us our money back. People i have been in the hotel industry for 10 years i graduated from the University of Missouri with a hotel degree. I can tell you in all of my experience in this industry i have never ever ever heard of a General Manager not being able to give people there money back when they have had such a horrible stay. So i will never be staying here again i would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I myself have not broken out yet but hey i guess there is still time so i might be writing more. I pray that my mother does not break out. The last thing she needs after coming up here to have breast cancer surgery would be SCABIES. So for the safety of yourself but most importantly the safety of your kids, and your family STAY AWAY.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin W
MidlaneHawthorn, General Manager at The Lotus Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Kevin,

I truly appreciate you taking time in writing a review and I hope you had a great stay during the treatment at the Cancer Treatment Centers Of America. I hope you do understand that we go above and beyond to keep our guests happy and I do believe we did address your concern at the property.

We had requested for a proof of the presence of scabies, which was never presented to us till date and we also called in Anderson Pest Control and they mentioned that the room did not have any trails whatsoever. Also our housekeeping standards are very high and in the hotel history we have never had such a concern, as we clean all our linens thoroughly.

Although the hotel was not responsible for the infection we yet gave a refund for your entire stay as a part of customer satisfaction.

Hope you understand that infections sch as scabies cannot be spread by clean linen or sheets, but direct human contact..

Hope we can serve you better in the near future.

Tariq Javed Khan
Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We were relocating to the Northern suburbs of Chicago from Miami and had to extend our stay at the Hawthorn by almost 2 weeks as our movers did not fulfill their committment and basically left us stranded! However, thanks to the wonderful staff at Hawthorn - they really made us feel at home. We could not have asked for a better place to stay during this ordeal. Picture this - we have a 16 month old baby who had just started exploring the world! On top of this - we had a mini natural disaster in the area leaving almost 800,000 people without any electricity for a few days. The staff made sure that people were taken care of and made as comfortable as possible. They even provided free pizzas etc for lunch so that people don't have to search for places to eat (as most the restaurants/gas stations etc were closed). They even gave us free gas so that I can commute to work till things settled down. I agree with the previous comments about the cleanliness, and other modern amenities. Mr. Tariq Javed, Mr. Mehndi, Robert and staff are wonderful. I saw them taking care of their guests day in, day out with always a smile on their face. Given the length of time I stayed there - I could understand that this was part of the culture and not an isolated, one time deal. Now we are settled in our home a few miles away but will always have fond memories of the Hawthorn Suites and its wonderful staff- a place I felt so welcome that it seemed like home.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank drsubu
Dear Sir/Madam,

I truly appreciate your review and hope you had a great stay with us. We live with the vision of creating an experience. Although we had a power outage we succeeded in retaining all our guest with us by providing flash lights, free breakfast, lunch and barbeque party with wine. I hope you enjoyed it all.

Now since you have moved in to your new home, please do not forget about us and do visit us from time to time. We have our Thursday night social hours with food and beverage and games.

Hope to see you soon.

Iowa
Reviewed August 2, 2011

It's not the hotel's fault-maybe-but it does prevent them from being excellent. I'll start at the beginning. Check in was fine, lobby is clean, and I see that they have a couple of computers for the public to use. The pool, spa, and fitness room were all very nice and clean. The hotel is a little off the main drag but it's about 10 minutes from 6 Flags and 15 minutes from the mall. Our room is AWESOME! The kids loved it! 1 room had queen bed, t.v., and own large bathroom. The living room had a t.v., fireplace, pull-out couch, entire large kitchen and dining room, and the other room had a king bed, t.v., and large bathroom. The room is clean*note to property (it would be nice to have new flat screen t.v.'s-yours are a little aged) and we really love it. Before supper we were talking about coming here next summer and staying here for a week and making this our home base for Chicagoland vacationing. After supper we got the kids tucked in...2 of the 3 were sleeping and then we got into bed. I pulled back the blankets and sheets and do my "bug and creepy things" check and satisfied all was well, sat down. Pjs got wet. EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK. I pushed on the wet spot on the mattress and water came pooling up and made the rest of the area wet. OMG-sanitized my hand and took off pj bottoms. EEEWWW. I called the front desk lady-she saw that yes, no blankets or sheet were wet, but inside the mattress was soaking. She offered us another room-smaller across the hall. We left our stuff in icky room and went across the hall to sleep. We couldn't leave the little ones so woke them up to go across the hall. Our son had to sleep on the floor because there were only 2 beds and 5 of us. We went back to our original room in the morning to hang out. Breakfast was really great. 3 different kinds of eggs, waffles, fruit, hot and cold cereal, muffins, breads, bacon, coffees, and juices. They gave us a $20 discount-not that great-for our trouble. They apologized , but I can't help but to feel that had housekeeping done a really thorough job that would have been caught. These next words of wisdom are to all you people out there that have no respect. Don't do nasty stuff to/in your hotel room. Housekeepers aren't thorough and there are children and other people that stay in the room after you. HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,

I apologize for the inconvenience and we have taken steps to improve houskeeping checklist and also we are replacing all televisions to flat screen as well. I hope you give us an oppurtunity to serve you better in the future.

In addition, to the above I am thrilled to know you enjoyed all the other services and amenities.

Regional Director of Sales and Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wadsworth
The Inn at Market Square
The Illinois Beach Resort and Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee
Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gurnee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Zion

Been to The Lotus Suites? Share your experiences!