“Talk about a trip back in time”
Review of Volo Auto Museum

Volo Auto Museum
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Volo
Chicago, Illinois
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Talk about a trip back in time”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

What a great place for any car enthusiast or just someone who wants to see one of the largest collection of cars from the past 90 years plus. Great cars from all over and many for sale. There are classice, musclr cars and many originals from the 20's. A nominal fee will give you hours of viewing close up.

1 Thank Jimc82

Spanaway, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Classic Beauties from a More Graceful Age”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Volo Auto Museum is a grand collection of automobiles from the beginning of the auto age to movie custom cars. The first room features Duisenbergs that are works of art in automobile form. Some of them are so huge but still graceful.

The collections of classic muscle cars made my wife and I wimper with delight as we passed by every dream car we ever wanted. Many are for sale at good prices. I dreamed about winning the lottery and going crazy buying a whole room of Motowns Greatest from the heavy metal years.

The Hollywood special cars were a trip into the fanciful world of movies and you just have to wonder how people think these things up. The collection of these specials filled the outer walls of two rooms.

The collection is huge so give yourself a lot of time to really enjoy the lost art of making beautiful cars.

Parking is plenty and they have a good old fashioned malt shop for you to rest in after you're done.

1 Thank Roddy M
Essex
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

OK, i've got to admit it, but I have absolutely no interest in cars so when the 'boys' suggested going to the Auto Museum, I agreed but was not that enthusiastic.

The first thing is that Museum is next to an antique market, and the prices there seem very reasonable. I found it fascinating walking around looking at the old things and I could have spent my day in there.

The museum itself is full of every classic car you have ever seen on the movies, and so much more. They even have a tank and helicopter there. Despite my reservations I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and just loved seeing the huge 'gangster' cars, which are fantastic. There are also a lot of cars for sale there too, so if you fancy buying a really special car, this is the place to come.

Look I don't know one car from another, so if I enjoyed my visit, anyone would.

Coventry, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bought my Dream Car!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

what a place! what wonderful people,,,, Jay , joey in Sales completely honest Nice people,
Car was everything it was advertised to be, the crew at Volo knew I was driving this car back to Rhode Island that day , and went above and beyond to check all fluids and recheck all equipment, I have had the car several Months and Not a single problem.. I am the King of my neighborhood in my Chevy Nova ... Car shows cruise nights, and around town...living the dream thanks Everyone!!!!! I will return someday...

Visited June 2013
2 Thank JohnChevyNova72
Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A must for car lovers young and old!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent collection of cars from antique to cars from movies and tv series!Nice military museum with displays from different wars.Also antique mall for antique lovers.Some cars available for purchase.

Visited June 2013