WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Villa Park
Chicago, Illinois
“Clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

On the last minute, my family and I were forced to find a last minute room in the middle of the night. Every hotel in the area was booked solid for some convention in Oak Brook. We never used a Motel 6 before, but were pleasantly surprised. I will stay here again when in the area thanks to their friendly helpful staff that helped us in our time of need. Many thanks.

Room Tip: This is a value hotel for sleeping. We got what we asked for and more. If you want luxury find a Hil...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I had an awful experience at this location and you can certainly tell that its a franchise location now. I actually did not stay but tried to stay. I went to inquire about a room and my request was a first floor smoking room. Only smoking rooms were available on 1st floor had two beds. I said that was fine and suddenly the rate jumped from 49.99 to 55.99. I inquired why and was told it is because it was two beds. Incorrect, Motel 6 does not charge by bed but by the number of adults. Room Price clearly posted on the wall in lobby is $49.99 for One Adult Sunday-Thursday. The size does not indicate by the number of beds. I disagreed and called Motel 6 reservations and even though I was one adult, I was able to book a smoking room with two beds at the rate of $49.99. I returned back to the desk, and conveniently enough, they were suddenly out of smoking rooms with two beds. How amazing on a Sunday night. Instead of accomodating my request for smoking first floor, they played games trying to gouge me on the price. I had to call M6 corporate customer service for assistance and they were able to get the reservation released so I did not have to pay for it but this is insane. Instead of getting $49.99, the Red Roof just 2 miles away accomodated me at a rate of $49.99 with complimentary internet. Also, if you note one of M6's tag lines is the lowest price of any national chain, hmmm. Be careful if you just try to walk into this Motel 6 location they might just try to gouge you on the room rate.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank brijoli

Travelers are raving about these Villa Park hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

The rooms are modernly designed. Everything worked in the room except the drainage in the sink which did not drain well, which they did not fix, but they emailed me apologizing for. It did not seem to safe, as what appeared to be not so sane people would be hanging out in the halls of the hotel, keeping people up. It was cheap for overnight though and we have stayed there about 4 times when we have visited Chicago. We'll keep going back because of the price and the decency of the room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fairfax, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

The room was inspired by the simple decor of upscale hotels like The W, not the usual run-down, musty smelling Motel 6. The room smelled clean, the bed was not saggy, but comfortable. Even the bedspread seemed more sanitary, or I had that impression. Everything worked, the cooling system was adjustable. Only thing is that I was under the impression that this Motel 6 serves as inexpensive housing for longer term residents -- guys who hang out on the stairwell to talk on their cell phones, smoke or play 5 notes on a violin (yes, seriously). As a single traveler, that made me uncomfortable. I'm not sure if I'd recommend this place - if you were my sister I'd say no, if you were a male friend who is not a light sleeper, I'd say yes. I slept with earplugs since one of the guys in the end unit insisted on talking on his cell phone for HOURS while sitting in the stairwell. Bed was comfy.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Thea Y
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

Look under your sheets and you might find as i did pubic hair on the mattress top! Non smoking room had ash trays full of buts and with no reasonable security to the outside door system it was quite scurry. The staff was very friendly. I felt it would be much better to fork over the extra bucks to stay at a diff place. I will never go back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ericsvenson
central mass
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

so we stayed here several days this month. The room is modest (but clean) but had a nice flat panel TV albeit with only about 20 stations. The pool was clean and the water warm.
For the Chicago burgs, the place offered decent value. We would probably stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Iowa City IA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2009

It has recently been renovated and it is swanky and modernized. The staff is friendly and helpful. I stayed here before the renovations and I thought it was clean, safe and adequate- a typical middle class suburban motel, now it is even better! I couldn't believe the difference! You don't even feel like you are in a Motel 6. More like a downtown boutique hotel without the high price rate plus free parking (a god send in Chicago). The area has all the typical suburban conveniences such as 24 HR grocery stores,(many rooms have microwave and FRIDGE so one can save money eating) drugstore, gyms discount shopping, restaurants (fast food and sit down) and cheaper gas than downtown Chicago! The drawback is that you are APPROX 15 miles from the loop and true Chicago, but for someone used to driving that is not problem.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villa Park
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#5 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Stay Inn Lombard
Stay Inn Lombard
#3 of 10 in Lombard
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center

Been to Motel 6 Chicago West - Villa Park? Share your experiences!