“Best Shrimp Taco!”

Montecasino Mexican Grill & Bar
Ranked #4 of 78 Restaurants in Villa Park
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Villa Park, Montecasino is a family-run restaurant serving Mexican dishes in a relaxed dining room environment.Our culinary team uses only the freshest ingredients&Mexican recipes to deliver incredible tastes
Reviewed October 10, 2018

Another restaurant that is a little difficult to get into; if you miss the drive-way you have to turn onto the side street, and you arrive at a large parking lot that lets you into the back of the building. The short hall takes you to Montecasino.
Because it is so small and hard to find, I was a little surprised with the prices and portions, but in defense, it was worth it!
I thought $17 was a bit much for fish tacos, so after reading the menu for quite awhile, I settled on one shrimp taco with rice and beans. My husband had a steak taco, rice and beans. You get one basket of chips, and one cup of salsa, hot. If you want more there is a charge.
My taco was amazing! Small, but amazing...and my husband felt the same about his taco. I think the bill was about $25. He drank rootbeer from a bottle or can, I had water, so, pricey, but good, and not typical Mexican food...they do have something special. I'm sure we will try it again because they did have some interesting items on the menu.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Sharon455
Write a reviewReviews (28)

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

I wouldn’t have known it’s a restaurant from the outside (I guess other people have this issue because there are lots of signs that say “door here.”)

Got take out tacos all of which were yummy. Looking forward to going back to try more of the menu and their drinks

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank amyhZ3931TZ
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Food is always on target, new location,a little awkward lay out for dinning area,and a young service staff but definitely worth it! I rate it as one of top choice for Mexican cuisine

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank Arnold902
Reviewed August 9, 2017

Montecasino is a BYOB restaurant in Villa Park. The food was outstanding as well as the service. We were two but another table of 4 couples seemed to enjoy their meal as well. Both tables were served promptly. Carry out counter was busy as well. My new favorite Mexican/Southwest restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Debra V
Reviewed June 10, 2017

Small, family-run restaurant (6 booths & 5 tables). Located 1 block north of the Union Pacific RR tracks. Complete menu which should satisfy most groups. Restrooms are clean and handicap accessible. No alcohol, BYOB.

We had the quesadillas and the Cuban Sandwich. Both were great. The Cuban sandwich was a unique blend of very tender pork, ham, Swiss cheese, Mayo and mustard on toasted French bread... Excellent!

We both agreed that we will return.

Date of visit: June 2017