“GREAT FUN HOTEL FOR BUSINESS OR FUN!”

Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I have stayed at the Hotel Indigo for work functions as well as for fun and have really enjoyed myself. The lobby bar is a fun place to hang out, eat/drink, socialize and all the staff is very friendly and great!

The best part for me was the rooms--- not only are they very large but they have hardwood floors and it makes it feel like you have your own little apartment.
It's located close to highway and shopping - so perfect for whatever you may need.

I highly recommand this hotel for anyone looking for a affordable, clean, fun hotel in the northshore area

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Sars727

Reviewed October 18, 2010

I coordinated the meeting for HSBC's 65 HR Professionals from all across the US & Canada. Working with Jennifer Rodriguez was such a pleasure. The staff was very pleasant and had all our rooms available as our employees were checking in starting at 7am. We will definitely utilize Hotel Indigo for any future meetings.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I love the hard wood floors and seating are in the rooms. The hotel lobby bar is a great meeting place. The staff is very friendly and goes over and beyond to assist. It was a great location for a weekend retreat.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2010

It was nice to get away in my own backyard and feel like I was in a modern boutique hotel downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This hotel was horrible. The staff was very rude and inattentive. They took forever to check us in and out. I thought the room was very uncomfortable. I asked for extra towels which they never brought. I asked for an extra trash bag for the room and the front desk employee pointed at the trash cans outside. ??? The fake wood flooring was very loud...I could here the guests above me walking around and opening and closing their bathroom door. The bathroom was tiny...I could barely get the door to close when I was in there.
There are much better places to stay at this price point. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ali180shopping
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Some of the other reviewers noted bad service at this hotel. All staff members we dealt with were very friendly and efficient. My only 1 complaint was that housekeeping would clap on your door at 8:00am every morning. Even if you put out your DND sign, you'd hear them rapping on other doors - I swear the lady was using a quarter to rap on the doors. Ok, only complaint out of the way - on to the more important stuff.
This hotel was such a welcome oasis on our vacation. We checked out of Homestead Suites down the road after only one night - it was horrible and depressing. The Indigo is perfect and really caters to travelers. The rooms are specious, have seperation between the bed area and sitting area (which sports a huge L shaped couch), the flat screen TVs are large and modern, the sinks/faucets are beautiful, the shower area is clean, charming and the whole room is decorated nicely with warm relaxing tones.
I called downstairs to ask if we had access to a microwave and they sent one right up - very good service.
The beds are beautiful, clean, very very comfortable and we slept great. I have nothing negative to say about these rooms - they are beautiful and I'll visit here again.
The pool area is also beautiful and nicely decorated. A lot of guests were taking advantage of this nice pool area.
The bar/restaurant was very nice as well and I was surprised at the restaurant prices for a hotel - meaning they were very reasonable. We enjoye the smoked salmon w/onions and capers a few times at night with our wine.
Other than being waken up by housekeeping (and they have a job to do I understand that) in the mornings - I'd rate this hotel a 10!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Indigo while in town to attend our son's graduation from Navy bootcamp. The hotel itself was extremely comfotable and clean and fairly close to the Navy base. There are numerous restaraunts and a large supermarket nearby. We would highly recommend staying at the Indigo while on Nvy related or other business.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
The Westin Chicago North Shore
4 mi away
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire

Been to Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills? Share your experiences!