“Outstanding Service!”

Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We booked a block of 45 rooms at Hotel Indigo for our wedding. The customer service we received from Abby Vicic was impeccable. She returned all of our emails promptly and was really helpful when we had questions. She was a pleasure to work with, as was the rest of the hotel staff. They were all friendly and quick to meet our requests. Our guests really liked the spacious rooms and the cool environment of Hotel Indigo. We will definitely return to Hotel Indigo and will recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelIndigoVH, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for the lovely review. Nice to hear that Abby made such an impression working with you. She understands that wedding times are stressful and works really hard at making your hotel planning easy. I am delighted that your guests enjoyed their stay with us. Congratulations on your wedding! We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Nicely decorated, large rooms, very quiet and clean.
I especially liked living area in the room since it featured a cross-sectional sofa that could accommodate a couple of small kids. This is one of the rare hotels that can accommodate larger families for a decent price.
Breakfast is not included but is available to purchase.
Location is great, close to small restaurants, shopping Center and business parks.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was in the Chicago area for business and the Hotel Indigo is where the company I was visiting put me up for a week.

The reception desk staff is very professional and friendly. I was always greeted when I walked through the lobby door. The lobby is small but pleasant. Most of the space is taken up with seating for a restaurant.

The room was very spacious, neat and clean. I loved, loved, loved that there was a walk-in shower instead of a tub. I never take tub baths and have a walk-in shower in the master bedroom at home. I had a great view from the large window. The room showed some wear in the form of chipped off veneer from the bottom of the bathroom door and a sliding closet door that kept falling off the track. The towel hook near the sink kept falling off, too. The shallow sink takes some getting used to. I learned, quickly, not to turn the faucet on too forcefully or water gets everywhere. Once I got the hang of it, it was all right.

There's a small refrigerator in the closet which is handy but it limits the amount of hanging space for clothes but I made it work. I was disappointed that there wasn't a microwave oven in the room. A few times I had leftovers I would have enjoyed eating if I could heat them up. Instead, they went into the trash.

The housekeeping is commendable. Every day when I got back from working I was very pleased to find an immaculately clean room with all toiletries, coffee supplies, etc. replaced if I had used them. I find that even high end hotels tend to forget the little things in the housekeeping department but Hotel Indigo does it right.

There were some complaints about the angle of the TV in other reviews but I couldn't see what the issue was. I had no trouble positioning the TV so I could watch while I was lying in bed.

Room service is great. Fast, and the hot, tasty food is delivered by cheerful, professional people.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. The beeping that signals each floor is annoying.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Nice clean rooms, modern and great shuttle service. But don't try to sleep here.....especially if you have a room near the ice machine. They need to buy some sound proof doors and put the ice machine in a closed room. It was unbelievably noisy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Bettybabe,

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the level of noise encountered. We have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I had my wedding at the nearby Cuneo Museum this past weekend. It was hard to find a hotel that would accommodate a small catered after party. Hotel Indigo had a solution and I couldn't have been happier! That was just the beginning. The coordinator, Abby went above and beyond to make my wedding weekend stay amazing. The service at check in and throughout my stay was phenomenal. The rooms were very big, and reasonably priced for my guests. They also had nothing but good things to say. I must say, it really added to the luxury of my wedding.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is a reasonable hotel. Rooms are big rooms rather than suites but nice enough. Breakfast was also quite nice. It is also close to a stripmall and you can find the usual fastfood stuff there.

The swimming pool is fun.

I had a free day so decided to go into Chicago - as I didn't have a car I had to take a taxi to Vernon Hills station but then caught the train into the city. Taxis have a fixed price in the Vernon Hills area. It was all quite exciting - especially as I'd watched 'Source Code' the week before.

On return, I chose to walk back to the hotel - this is a nice (but long) walk. Lots of Canada Geese around. And interestingly, many of the houses have a sign in the windows that reads 'A Cougar lives here'.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room with no connecting door.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear ebookpunkie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I'm truly delighted you liked your room accommodations and breakfast selections. Your comments are important to us to ensure we are constantly focused on improving our service and we hope we can demonstrate to you our commitment to value and service. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were in town for a wedding in Lake Forest and this was the guest hotel. At only $100/night, we were floored by how huge and modern the rooms were, how delicious the breakfast menu was, and how many amenities were directly across the street - several restaurants, a mani/pedi place, Old Navy, etc, etc. Everything you would need while in town for the weekend.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon Hills
Holiday Inn Express Vernon Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest

Been to Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills? Share your experiences!