“Great food, great price, awesome service”

Tasty Thai Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 122 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Let me first say when you drive up to the place it's not very reassuring because its in a dingy strip mall but the food and sevice outward any bad! I really loved the atmosphere I side and the food was perfect the waiter was polite and attentive, which is more than I can say for most waiters in Chicago. And the food was stellar! My husband got the peanut chicken with crab cream cheese that was great and I got the hot thia noodles that was perfect. GO! ;)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Love the cashew chicken, pad Thai and iced coffee. Great food, freshly cooked. They have local delivery which is a nice option and food always arrives hot

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Very tasty food..................................................................................................................

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Some of the best Tom Ka soup I've ever had.
Above average pad thai.
reasonably priced thai iced tea ($2/glass instead of the $4 I've seen other places charge for it)

Reviewed September 6, 2011

The best thing Tasty Thai has going for it is its value. Portions are large (I took home more than half my pad thai), prices are very reasonable. The egg roll appetizer was great, and the Thai iced tea was all right. My husband’s red curry was blazing hot – the way he likes it. The pad thai was on the bland side, and you only have the option to add chicken or shrimp (not tofu, oddly).

The place doesn’t scream “clean” but it’s not a dive. It would do really well on a university campus where customers just want cheap, filling food. I’m not sure we’ll be back unless we have another Groupon-type coupon for a discount.