“Good food, mediocre service”
Review of Tsukasa Of Tokyo

Tsukasa Of Tokyo
Ranked #4 of 122 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2012

May have given this place 3.5 if it were possible, but I've been to quite a few Japanese steak houses and this one didn't particularly stand out, at least not the night I went. The food was good (as is usual for such places), and they had the spider rolls I like, but the service was so-so The chef didn't seem particularly into the performance and it took half an hour to pay for the meal. (Probably would have taken longer if someone from our group hadn't expedited things.) Also, the people at the next table were so loud at times, it was difficult to talk to anyone else at the table besides the people in the next seat -- the restaurant could use a little more sound absorbing material. The restaurant was clean and well kept however. On another night, it might have earned the fourth star.

1  Thank RainyRob
There are newer reviews for Tsukasa Of Tokyo

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Went there with my friend for a girls night and it was great. I have never had a bad experience here. The chef was entertaining and very talkative. The food was expertly prepared. You have to share your table with other guests but it isn't an issue most of the time because generally everybody minds their own business. It is pricy but it is absolutely worth it. I will continue to hit this place up.

1  Thank inlovewithmusic15
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife and I had dinner here. We were both pleasantly surprised as this was one of the better Japanese restaurants we have been to in the Chicagoland area.

We both ordered the Hibachi Steak, which is an eight-ounce sirloin, which they cut up into small pieces in front of you. We ordered our steak "medium" which was very good. The meal also came with soup, a small salad, grilled veggies, and steamed rice. For $2.00 extra pp they will make you fried rice instead of steamed rice. Overall it was a very nice dining experience as the food was very good, the restaurant was clean, service was good, and the menu prices were priced fairly.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The food is amazing here. They cook right in front of you! Which is very fun to look at. It is quite pricey. I went here for my birthday! You should to :)

Reviewed July 22, 2012

we were in Tsukasa multiple times in both their locations...I love this restaurant. Food is excellent, staff is always pleasant and helpful