“waffle fries, lemonade, and milk shakes -- perfection plus”

Chick fil A Vernon Hills
Ranked #12 of 123 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“waffle fries, lemonade, and milk shakes -- perfection plus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

The first time I attempted to eat here, I couldn't even get into the crowded parking lot. From my car I could see that the wait line extended outside the door and snaked into one of the handicapped parking spaces. THAT'S how popular this place is!
On a return trip, I learned from the behavior of other diners and cleverly bypassed the Chick-Fil-A parking lot completely. I parked in the adjoining mall parking lot, and walked the few extra steps to the restaurant.
Once inside, I was amazed. I have never seen such happy, polite, professional employees in a fast food place. It might be their free lunches or always having Sunday off... or perhaps the positive, upbeat work atmosphere.....but whatever the cause(s), it was a pleasure to be served by such nice people.
I can particularly recommend three menu items: the milk shakes (so far I've tried chocolate and the seasonal peppermint chocolate chip), the lemonade (get the regular, not the Splenda version), and the waffle fries (my new standard of comparison).
There is an outdoor patio and a darling children's indoor play area.
Chick-Fil-A is a great addition to the Milwaukee Avenue/Vernon Hills food corridor.

• Visited November 2013