“Too expensive”

Add it.
Silverberg's Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had a coupon for this place so i decded to try it. Well good thing I had that. A corned beef sandwich with swiss & a bag of chips was 11.95. The coupon I had was worth $12 (paid $6 for it) and the employee (owner?) said I needed to spend $12. Seriously? I added a brownie and suddenly it was $15? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous! The sandwich was good but not worth the price and not better than one from Bert's Deli in Libertyville.

1  Thank Espo65

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This could grow to be a great deli. For a deli so new, they do an awful lot right. The meats are generous, fresh, moist and warm. The breads are soft and tasty, too. I've read comments about the $12.00 sandwiches. Seems that they've lowered the prices a bit but you can't have it both ways. Deli meat ain't cheap. The owner was socializing with the customers and that's always a good sign. My son and I split a pastrami and a deli salad and it was more than we could eat. The problem with rating a deli is that everyone has a favorite that they want to compare it to. I eat at delis all over the country and this is a good one. In many ways, it has the feeling of a deli that has been around for 50 years. I'd like to see them eventually expand their offerings to the new wave of delis like Deli Unique or Zingerman's in the Detroit area. Chicago deserves another great deli and maybe, just maybe, this young guy can do it.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Weekend morning....want something new...different... sometimes that doesn't pan out!
The special "eggs and corned beef" was disgustingly greasy... eggs way over done....bagel was small and dried out...more like a raisin than a bagel...and no cream cheese?? just sent with a few pads of butter and a tsp of strawberry jelly? Oy Gevalt!! -- My Bubbie just turned over in her grave.....
There are so few good deli's around the Buffalo Grove area... so Please I beg you...pick another one and skip this one.... It may look new and shiny...and my heart does go out to who ever has to pay rent for the space, etc...but this place is awful...
The deli cases were filled with ...yuck! The smallest knish you've ever seen, the chopped liver looked like pate and the gefilte fish was "cooked in a log shape and cut" as I was told....

And as for the comment they advertise "check out our bagel bar...and a plethora of mixings...." et cetera....All I say is "Feh!!!" to that!!! ---
Just take my advice...I've really devoted alot of time writing reviews for this site! -- SKIP IT!!!

1  Thank Shreemaan