“Drink at the bar”

On the Border
Ranked #11 of 127 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 3, 2016

Got back to our hotel next door at 10:15 and their bar was closed so we went here for a drink. We did not eat, although they asked and were willing to still serve food. Thought that was great. The staff was very friendly and the margarita was delicious. Would definitely go back if in the area again.

Reviewed December 30, 2015

We stopped in as a second choice and were seated immediately. The chips and salsa were yummy, although the chips seemed thinner and m,ore easily broken. My wife had Fajitas which were okay. I had a Chicken and Mango Salad, which was as close as they had to a previous salad no longer on the menu. It was mostly lettuce, and the vinaigrette dressing was overwhelming. We paid online from my iPhone using a QR code to access their site. I wondered how they knew we paid when we walked out. I don't think we'll be back any time soon. Too many better places.

Reviewed December 19, 2015

The fajitas were just ok. I counted 7 strips of chicken, bunch of onion and one pepper. Good mojito, so,so, food.

Reviewed December 15, 2015

The food was good and I received a free appetizer for signing up on their site, which was nice. The wait staff was friendly, but they did tend to forget us periodically. Not sure if they were short staffed that night or what, but we tended to wait for items asked and for the check. Again, they were pleasant enough that was overlooked.

Reviewed November 30, 2015

There are so many restaurant chains to pick from. Until Friday evening I had never been to an On the Border restaurant. This was no normal Friday, this was the evening of Black Friday, when everyone seemed to be out shopping, and eating out. The staff was extremely pleasant. After a short wait for a table, we were seated. The service was very good.

The food was a bit above average. Not great, but far from poor quality. The food was hot, served enthusiastically, and the ambiance was...fun. The people around us seemed to be enjoying themselves as well.

With many places to choose from, I was very pleased with this restaurant and this location. After the meal I was able to meet one of the managers, who was just as pleasant as the staff. For good food, good portions, and good value, I was very pleased with this restaurant.