“Mediocre Mexican Food”

On the Border
Ranked #11 of 127 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a complimentary basket of corn chips while waiting. Sampler platter had loaded nachos with each chip covered in goodness. Fajita was also good. Shredded pork tacos had a table spoon of meat on each. Rice was very disappointing. Black beans were blah. Stuffed pepper was good. So many other choices for food in this area. Will go elsewhere next time though this place is popular.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Just about every week I get an email from On the Border to remind me about "$2 Taco Fix Tuesday." The email campaign worked because today we went for lunch to check it out. Our server was very good, but the food was only average. muy triste.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family and I can trust that our meals will always be good and the same goes for the service. Wait time may be up to 20-25 minutes, but a good experience every time. The "pick four" is a great choice for sharing, and last visit, we tried their brisket quesadilla. Great flavor, enhanced with fresh jalapeno peppers thanks to our server Ramiro. Occasional cocktails or desserts never disappoint either.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great restaurant for authentic Mexican food, hot Salsa and excellent options for vegetarian make this a place to keep going back!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Love this place! I’ve been here three times now in the past month and it’s on my top five list of go-to restaurants. I always go for ‘create your own’ combos (choose two/three/four) taco plates that come with a side of rice and beans. You honestly can’t go wrong. The food is perfect, comes out fast, and the service is pretty good.