“Inexpensive and great cheap food”

Portillo's Hot Dogs
Ranked #1 of 134 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent hot dogs and Italian beef. Chocolate cake and lemon cake are also really good. Pasta and ribs are good choices as well.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is an "order at counter" restaurant with two sections, one focusing on hot dogs and the like and the other on pasta. We selected the hot dog side and I'm glad that I did. This had to be one of the best hot dogs I've ever had. I was concerned as hot dogs frequently give me indigestion and we stopped in later in the evening, but no issues at all. This is the place to go for a quality hot dog.

1  Thank IndianaLady
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at several different Portillo’s for years. It’s always great. I have a hard time ordering anything other than the beef sandwich, their great! But the times I strayed I have found the burgers, dogs, and ribs to also be outstanding.
The places are well staffed and well managed. They make an effort to handle their huge number of customers quickly.
I normally try and write these remembering people have different tastes and budgets and present both sides. In the instance the only negative comment I can make is avoid the drive during peak times if your in a hurry.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

4 times in the last three months they have got our order wrong even after reading it back multiple times during the course of picking it up. There resolution has been us returning back to the store 10 mins each way after screwing up a family dinner, replacing or actually giving the item that they didn’t pack. Then trying to give a slice of cake to make it better. Lame!! Each time or initial bill was between 50-70$ I had to take another 30 mins to correct it and then the food is cold obviously. Piece of cake doesn’t fix that. Anyway there lack of attention to detail and customer service is troubling and I would not recommend this location.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

Place is a madhouse~ But the food is worth the wait~ Plan on a wait as this place is busy. I've ate at both place & have never had a bad bite!