“Awesome Food!!! Who cares about healthy, this stuff is GREAT!!!”

Portillo's Hot Dogs
Ranked #1 of 134 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed August 6, 2018

A friend recommended Portillo's while we were in Chicago, he said the food was great, the prices were good, and the portions were overboard. He wasn't lying, we ate there 4 out of five days, mostly lunches. I loved the atmosphere and the service. Will go again next time we are up that way, I do recommend this to everyone. Atleast once..

1  Thank christophers976

Reviewed July 16, 2018

Excellent hot dogs and Italian beef. Chocolate cake and lemon cake are also really good. Pasta and ribs are good as well. Salads are large and well done

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Our Chicago friends sent us Portillos to try at home and we loved it. When we visited them we absolutely insisted on going. It did not disappoint at all. I’ll admit I was a lurker thrown off when I realized it was fast food but it was great. Most of us got sandwiches and they were amazing just as we expected but my daughter got pasta too and really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

Each restaurant has a different theme. The food is made to order, hot and very tasty.
Best beef in Chicago!

Reviewed June 13, 2018

Portillo's is good 'ole, gut bomb, pleasing food. From burgers, to hot dogs, to pasta, and their legendary Italian beef, be prepared to have your cholesterol notch up a few levels, but oh is it worth it. I suggest eating earlier in the day - preferably before 6 - just to avoid the rush. The Italian beef is the signature item and I like my extra wet with sweet chili peppers. Get your fries with cheese and try out the cake shake for good measure. Then go on a kale cleanse diet so your body can get back to normal - it's that good!