“Not Bad, but not the Best”
Review of Samba Fire - CLOSED

Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have had Brazilian food in many places, including South America, so I think I am a good judge of this kind of restaurant. The meats were tasty, but I have to agree with other reviewers concerning the salad bar which I thought was poor-- very small, poor selection, not well stocked, and not well cleaned. The staff was nice and the service was good but there are better places for this kind of experience, Fogo de Chao being one of them. If you can't go very far, this might be for you, but if you want a better, more realistic experience of a Brazilian steakhouse, do more research and make the effort to go somewhere else. Otherwise, this is fine for a fun evening with friends as it has a nice setting inside and a decent bar.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Samba Fire is a Brazilian steakhouse. I've been to many restaurants like this. This one was fairly good, but I've had better. The salad bar was sub-par - very small selection, and kind of messy - I was kind of disappointed by it. There was some rice, mushrooms, lettuce, raw vegetables, some cheese - not that interesting. Let's face it, though, I wasn't really there for the salad - in a place like this, it's all about the meat! I found it to be pretty good, but we went on a weekday, and apparently they don't serve the filet mignon during the week. I went with a group of friends, and felt the service was very good. Overall, it was a good evening.

1  Thank Chuck607
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Definitely not going there again!

-Can you make reservations? Yes, but they "don't have you on the list and you'll have to wait anyway."

-Is there a salad bar? Oh yeah, but horrible selection and somehow they run low on the good stuff. If you're not eating meat, don't waste your time going. Waste of money.

-Is it all you can eat? HAHAHA! That's funny. Only if want a little taster or if you want to wait for 45 minutes for the waitstaff to come around again. And don't complain about it because they will ignore you for sure.

-How's the selection/quality of meat? Well, they advertised about 12 different kind but only have 7. I hope you're not going for the filet mignon. Who likes rare meat that's still cold??? Any takers??? This is the place for you. Or you can wait 30 minutes for them to burn the crap out of it. What's wrong with these people?

-How's the service? There's definitely waitstaff, but they are trained in profiling people that look like you can eat your money's worth. Or they just keep track of how much you had and just figure "that's enough for you". (No soup for you!!!)

-Tell us how you feel......is what most food establishments ask when they are concerned and then usually try their best to make customers happy or at least come back. Not this place. We called the next day to discuss our experience with management. They offered us a free meal. Well, that was nice. A few days later, they said, sorry we changed our minds. WHAT?!?!?!? Who does that?

-Would I recommend Samba Fire to my friends? Only the ones I don't like.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

DON'T COME HERE! Service is horrible and food is served raw if served at all. The price is not cheap and the food is not worth it. The staff limits how much food is served to each guest and the food does not taste how a Brazilian steakhouse should prepare their food. SAVE YOUR MONEY and go somewhere else.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

When the Japanese steakhouse across the street had a 3-hour wait, we decided to try Samba Fire. This was our first Brazilian steakhouse experience. We didn't expect the $32 per person price tag. It's located in a strip mall, but inside is well decorated and looks very nice and spacious. The salad and hot food bar is not as extensive as I would think the price warrants. Really just salad basics, salad dressings that are not labeled, a few kinds of olives, a few cold salads, and a parmesan wheel on the cold part. The hot bar includes mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, and black beans, with white rice in a steamer, and some mini rolls. None of this was outstanding in taste. The meats were the best part, but the meat service experience was diminished by a very terse gaucho. When we didn't understand the name of the meat he was serving and asked him to repeat it, he did nothing to help us understand. Most of the meats were good, a couple were exceptional, but one or two I had were tough. We paid $183 (including an appropriate tip) for four adults and one child, and that is with no drinks and only one dessert. For that reason, it is not likely that we will return to Samba Fire.