“Now called Samba Fire. Next to Dick's”
Review of Samba Fire - CLOSED

Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had reservations for 6:30pm Friday. They weren't too busy. Nick was our waiter. He should be the manager. I mean all the waitstaff were very good. It's just that he was great. Not just with our table, but with everybody. We always eat at Fo Go when we are downtown. But this place was very good. The assortment wasn't as good , but what they did have was great and a lot less expensive. Would eat there again if ever in the area.

1  Thank Bill D
There are newer reviews for Samba Fire

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This restaurant was excellent. When you walk in, the aroma of the cooked meats welcomes you. The wait staff is very attentive, (our waiter was Eric), and is constantly making sure you have enough water, beer, food, etc. The salad bar was pretty good. The salad bar is all that it needs to be, something small to start you off before tasting the variety of meats. The sirloin and pork shoulder were my favorites, but everything was delicious.

The meal also comes with a cheesy quiche shaped bread, along with caramelized bananas and mashed potatoes. The potatos were alright, but the bananas and bread were unique and tasted great.

Even though I went with my family, I intend to bring my girlfriend there next time. Just a great place overall.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We held our company holiday party (lunch) recently here and we actually had the whole place so they really took good care of us. The 'sides' were pretty extensive with many cold salads as well as a few soups (black bean had beef in it, very tender as well). The bar had a few Brazilian beers that were decent as well. You really need to love meat to truly enjoy this place but it was mostly quite good. Not sure just how many varieties they had but lots of beef, some pork and chicken, the best was the leg of lamb which was the most tender. They also arranged for Brazilian dancers who came out a few times, perhaps a bit too much for me but it was mostly to keep things lively. It's deceiving how big the place is, our group was fairly large but we seem to fit OK. I gave them a very good vs excellent as it was nice but not my choice for events like this but it was better than a few others we've had in the past so if you really like meat on skewers delivered to your table until you're stuffed it's a good choice !

1  Thank late74C
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This place is in a strip mall but doesn't show it. When you come inside it's just as if you went to Fogo but for half the price and more laid back. The salad bar is small but is adequate & the one type of sushi served was good. The waiters are very attentive & made sure all of our meat was well done like we like it and they dote on you. I had the sangria and it was pretty good, I was underwhelmed by the tiramisu but I'm often underwhelmed at most places so I won't hold that against them. We went on the weekend and took our 4 year old because our sitter cancelled & it didn't feel awkward or out of place, there were other families there as well. I really like this place and plan to go back again in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by a friend in the Navy at Great Lakes. What a wonderful experience it was. The salad bar and side entrees were impressive enough, and then the meat service started!! WOW! It was delicious and plentiful. The servers approach with meat on giant skewers every few minutes and offer you as much as you would like. It was best to try a little bit of each as they continuously are making rounds offering more, and more, and more! The desserts were also delicious. It would be impossible to leave this restaurant hungry!