“A Very Nice Hotel for the Price”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Reviewed December 6, 2010

The room was spacious, immaculately clean, and comfortably appointed. The front desk staff was very helpful. We had a very nice stay and will definitley stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 25, 2010

We had booked this hotel for 7 nights and requested a non-smoking room. While walking to our room the smell of smoke was extremely strong in the hall. Our room smelled like someone just put out a cigarette (there was an ash tray in the room). The room was not very clean and was very dated. One bed was overly soft w/no support and the other bed was about 4 inches higher and felt like it was concrete. When we called about the smoke we were told that the whole hotel is non-smoking then we inquired about the ash tray in the room. They then told us they could bring up an ionizer & let it run for an hour when we were leaving our room. We went downstairs to talk to the staff at the front desk about the smoke & condition of the room. They switched our room to another down the hall, and this one was cleaner but the remote didn't work at all. Both beds were very low to the floor and very soft - but we could deal with it. Later the first night a dog was barking in a room down the hall - I'd say by his low, howling tone it was a beagle-hound mix. The next morning we'd had enough of this depressing hotel and really didn't want to stay there for 6 more nights while vacationing. They have no food, the rooms are extermely dated, the TVs are awful, and the beds were horrible. Let's face it, even if the hotel is not great you should be able to sleep good in nice beds.
We found another hotel nearby (Hotel Indigo) and were happy to pay the extra for a very nice, clean, comfortable room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2010

This place is great . The rooms are clean an big a great deal for the price. The staff do everything they can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible .

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2009

I stayed at Homestead Vernon Hills from May to December, 2009. Yes, I spent eight months at this hotel and trust me the experience was great. The rooms were spacious, room service was excellent, rooms were well lit, with free wireless, fine kitchen and utensils, spacious closet and adjacent to the biggest Lifetime fitness facility available in Chicago area. The stay was value for money, they have a great manager Ms. Beth and a very helpful staff. They celebrate each occasion and festival and have a great shuttle service to the grocery stores and even to your office. The hotel is very close to movie theaters, shopping mall, grocery stores, post office, restaurants and off course the gym. I wish you have a fun trip and enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank jrishabh
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Excellent hotel and staff. I had to change my reservation, they did it, no problems. The hotel is in a nice quiet area, right next to a great forest reservation area with a couple of lakes and nice running trails. Room was clean, TV was good, no complaints at all!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 16, 2008

I stayed at this hotel because I had a business meeting in Vernon Hills that I attend once a month. I stayed at the other Extended Stay hotel brand that was closer to my office in Vernon Hills on my last trip, and this hotel is much better.

The Good

The room was clean, and decently furnished. Internet costs $4.95, but that is either a one-time fee, or a daily fee. I didn't take it because I didn't need it that night, but regardless, the rooms cost so little, that $4.95 extra for internet is not bad. The bed was comfortable, and the shower the next morning was hot and had good pressure.

The Bad

They don't have breakfast, except for bagels with no cream cheese and coffee. There are two elevators, but they are the slowest hydraulic elevators I have ever taken. Lastly, my refrigerator's compressor was running load in the middle of the night. I shut it off, but still, it shouldn't have been that loud.

If you are going to pick an extended stay hotel, pick this one and not the one next to the Kohls. This one is much better.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon Hills
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire
Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heights
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heig...
#3 of 10 in Arlington Heights

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire

Address: 675 Woodlands Pkwy, Vernon Hills, IL 60061-3101 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )
Location: United States > Illinois > Lake County > Vernon Hills
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Price Range: $69 - $94 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Suites Vernon Hills