“Excellent establishment”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Truly home away from home. I've stayed at this location several times and I will not stay any any other hotel especially with the their new renovation. The staff is very courteous and always helpful and it is service that they provide is extremely convenient especially.

• Stayed: November 2012
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

We are so happy with your comment about our hotel being your "Home away from Home." That says it all!!! Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for about a month on December 2012 which was a big mistake. While I was staying there, they were remodeling the first floor and you would hear a lot of noise even until late evening. one time I called the Front desk to complain about the noise. The receptionist picked up the phone and said " What now ?!!!!" I could not believe the way she responded.

I asked the front desk few times to give me a free pass for the lifetime gym right across the street and each time they were coming up with a different excuses " Oh, we ran out the passes" ," Oh, the manager locked the safe and the passed are inside the safe". After third time finally I was able to get the pass.

All the receptionists were professional and somewhat helpful but there was this chubby Latino lady who was wearing glasses (Unfortunately I forgot her name) and was very unprofessional. Most of the time she was in the lobby eating and watching Univision. One time I went to the lobby to relax and watch some TV she was there watching Univision (Spanish Channel). She did not even dare asking me if I preferred to watch another channel and she just continued watching her own show.

There was something wrong with the elevator, most of the time it would stop on second floor for no reason.

Overall, not a pleasent stay!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Homestead Studio Suites Vernon Hills. Because the feedback you gave us we are able to work with our staff to ensure each of our guests experience is a pleasant one.

I appreciate you being honest about your concerns about your stay and about the lack of GREAT customer service you received from the staff all of your concerns will be addressed with each of our staff members. Customer Satisfaction is my number one priority and ensuring all our guests enjoy their stay, we regret that we fell short of your expectations and we are confident a future stay would show you differently.

Thank you again for submitting a review

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I keep on traveling all over the world for my job, but this time my stay was longer than ever. It is already 6months and may be at least one more month I have to stay here. But over this 6 months I have started feeling like I was in my own home. Last weekend I went to Milwaukee to meet my friends and I was almost feeling homesick and my mind was tranquilized when I cam back to my small apartment in the hotel. I was rather astonished, why I was feeling like coming back to my own home. Then I realized that I have already started feeling this place like my home. I can not really explain the reason of this feeling. But one possible reason could be the staff of the hotel are so friendly that they treated my just like a family member. This I have not really seen anywhere. They are not overly nice but there is a type of homeliness in their approach that makes you feel completely at home. If you ask about professional things, of course they take care of all the rules and takes care of all the things you need to get from a hotel. But above all the homely behavior that they carry is really special here.

Regarding the material details, you get all the necessities like a very optimum kitchen that had been my lifeline the last 6 months. The hotel is kept real clean, the whole staff is so particular about it. They have a shuttle to the office that I go and they operate that very religiously. This has been a great help me. Also I had to hardly call a cab for my groceries as they provide the trips to groceries twice a weak at least.

But the real attraction for me in this hotel can really not be described in the material terms. It is more about the love and affection that I got from all the staff here that makes me indebted and also made my long stay away from home, less tiresome.
Sanjoy Das

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Wow, what a fantastic review of our staff and accomodations! Feeling like a family member, is what we strive to do, because we believe our guests are family members. Whether you stay for a day, or a year, we want to make you feel at home.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The staff at this hotel is very courteous and helpful, with newly renovated rooms it makes for a great stay. Building is well maintained and the surrounding area has everything you could need for any size traveling group.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for the compliments! We agree the location is great. We work hard to make your stay as comfortable as possible. It sounds like we did just that. Happy New Year! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was in Vernon Hills area for business over the summer. I had no say in hotel selection (the company put me in this hotel), but I'm glad they picked this place. The room came with a kitchen which was nice to have since it was an extended stay. The hotel is located in a suburban area in a safe, quiet residential neighborhood. There is a pretty trail / park across the street. If you're a hotel guest, you get a free pass to Lifetime Fitness which is also across the street. This gym is open 24/7! Make sure to take your ID with you, or the gym concierge will ask you to return to your room to get it... I concur with previous postings -- everyone at the hotel was friendly. I never had to hesitate to ask for something in fear of receiving an attitude from the staff (which sometimes happens at other hotels!) There are a couple of grocery stores close by (Kroger and Mariano's) and Whole Foods about 15-20 min away.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for the excellent review of our hotel in Vernon HIlls. We really appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town so you can check out our renovation. It will include a new bedding package, flat screen televisions and breakfast!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Remember the days when we'd bring our car into the gas station and someone would automatically clean your windshield and check your oil...it was just the right thing to do. They did it with a smile on their face. You didn't feel like you were imposing on them. Well, my recent stay at the Homestead Suites was just like that. The entire staff went the extra mile. I needed some freezer space. They had it. Needed a hose. They had it. Needed special accomodations. They had it. All done with a smile and made me feel special. I bet if I left my car in front, they'd probably do my windows too! Absolutely the best place to stay!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Wow! I can't thank you enough for writing this review about the Homestead Studio Suites in Vernon HIlls. The staff was so thrilled to read this. Comments like this make coming to work every day a pure pleasure. We look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in town. As an added bonus, the hotel is going through a complete interior renovation to include new bedding, and flat screen televisions!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Maybe it had to do with the fact, that the bottom floor had just been remodeled, but everybody seemed a little stressed and disconnected.
I stayed 11 nights and finally moved out. Some guests appeared to be cooking exotic meals in their rooms and the smell of oriental spices was quite strong throughout the building.
Everybody was friendly at all times, the place is just not for me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.
We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. We are in the process of completely renovating all rooms at this site, and the finished product will be available to you in November. I hope you will consider coming back and giving us another try. We appreciate your comments, and they have been thoroughly addressed with the staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon Hills
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago/Lincolnshire

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire

Address: 675 Woodlands Pkwy, Vernon Hills, IL 60061-3101 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )
Location: United States > Illinois > Lake County > Vernon Hills
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Price Range: $72 - $89 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Suites Vernon Hills