“Great Staff/service quaint ambiance”
Review of Philly G's - CLOSED

Philly G's
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Staff/service quaint ambiance”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

There are little nooks and crannies which makes for a private and romantic setting. The staff were exceptionally professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. I picked the skirt steak which was cooked perfectly. The green beans were tasty and served perfect and crisp.

• Visited May 2012

Atlanta
“Good Dinner at Philly G's”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I had dinner a few times at Philly G's and really enjoyed my meals. The restaurant is in a house, and there are several rooms where you can sit. I always found the service to be friendly, and the food good.

They make an excellent Saltimboca alla Romano, which is not on the menu, but they made it for me anyway. They also made some very nice soups, and have good desserts.

• Visited March 2012
Lake Villa, Illinois
“Very good food but servers need better personalities”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I went there with work for a celebration. We were seated on the porch which is a nice view. However, right at the heating register. It was so hot we had to move around so we could get comfortable. When our server came over, we were asking questions about the specials and whenever the CEO would try to joke, she would roll her eyes or make a face. Not too cool when he is the one paying the bill and giving you a tip.
The food was good. We had appeitizers that were really good a little on the cool side but good. Everyone loved their meals and we had an awesome dessert.
The only thing that was the damper was the server. She was not so nice. Capable but not nice.

• Visited April 2012
chicago
“Very Good”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The food was excellent and authentic here. Nice atmosphere. I've used restaurant.com here a couple of times. Both times were great.

• Visited November 2011
Mundelein, Illinois
“Love the atmosphere”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This place is beautiful inside and out. I can't say enough about the welcoming environment. Philly G & his wife Tina - along with their employees (Edward, Pedro, Ray, & Ashley to name a few) make you feel right at home. I love to sit in the bar and order off the bar menu. A couple of my faves - the grilled calamari, bruschetta pizza, pasta fritta, and goat cheese! Mmmm mmmm! And off the main menu I love the chicken saltimbocca and the pork chop gilardi. The food mixed with the people and environment make this one of my most favorite places!

Visited April 2012