Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vandalia
Hotels.com
Relax Inn(Altamont)
$80
Priceline
All reviewshi expressnice hoteleasy accessyogurtnext morningdefinitely stay here againour room was spaciousabove averagebreakfast was deliciouspancake makerhuddle housecinnamon bunsplace is cleanpizza placebusiness tripa nice hot showerlong trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We chose this HIE as a pit stop on an I-70 trip and would agree with most of the previous reviews. Not sure how old it is, but it certainly appears to be fairly new. Our room was in great shape. Great wi-fi signal, clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was typical HIE. Families seemed to be enjoying the pool. The fitness center was decent enough-- treadmill, stationary bike and, I believe, an eliptical machine. The weird thing was that the equipment all faced away from the television. Also, it could get pretty warm in there.

I don't know that one would stop in Vandalia for much more than a highway break. But there is a Wal-Mart next to the HIE. Across the street is a KFC/Taco Bell and, I believe, a Golden Corral.

All in all, a very nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kcboy
Reviewed January 29, 2010

We truly enjoyed this hotel. Clean, comfortable, great showers. Close to shopping and restaraunts. Staff was very accomodating in every respect. Breakfast wasn't the best but not too bad either. The kids were satisfied. The pool area was great. Beds were very comfortable and the down comforters were wonderful. They need a restaurant attached.
Overall, A+ hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2009

On our move from New Jersey to Colorado we decided to stop at this hotel. After driving in the car for 2 days with 3 young children and a large dog (my husband driving peacefully solo in the caravan), this hotel was like Gods breath falling down from heaven. It was the least expensive hotel we visited over the course of our move and by FAR the nicest.
The rooms feel like 5 star quality and the staff made you feel like you were the most important people in residence. A new hotel, the giant room we stayed in boasted 2 comfy queens and a pull out couch... wonderful shower, granite countertops, and, I'm not afraid to say it, the most COMFORTABLE toilet I've ever been enthroned upon.
They had a great pet policy complete with dog biscuits at check in. The breakfast... well-- better than what most free continentals have to offer, though I'd avoid the omlettes and go for seconds of the most delightful cinnamon rolls EVER. If I ever happen through Vandalia again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2009

My family and I stayed here for just over a month, due to a house fire. The staff was extremely friendly and made us feel "at home" during a VERY stressful time. Our room was spacious and always kept very clean by the housekeepers. The pool and hot-tub were very nice and warm:) We hated to leave, but had to move into apartment for several months. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2009

Great stay! Clean, new, well maintained, great staff... all in all a very nice stay!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family