“This is the place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Second time visitor. No doubt the best place in town for dinner! The menu offers a nice variety and reasonably priced. Wait staff very attentive and knowledgable on food preparation. We got there early and glad we did as it filled up with patrons. We will be back.

3  Thank Bill W

Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a wonderful place. Well worth the 1 mile (each way) off of Interstate 70. So sick of chains and fast food and this place had absolutely delicious food at prices that were beyond reasonable: bottle of wine, and 2 entrees, both of which came with 2 sides and a salad for $52. Having said that though, the price would be irrelevant if the food weren't out of this world, which it is: I had their house specialty steak with bourbon sauce - so very good that I don't even remember what my husband had because I was just focused on my own food. Broccoli done perfectly - not overcooked - and the smashed redskin potatoes were just really great. Small place with friendly attentive staff. Couldn't recommend it more highly!

3  Thank ovg
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I just moved to Vandalia from Florida where we grew up. My sister and her boyfriend wanted to take us out for a "welcome to the town" dinner. I ordered the steak and it was definitely the BEST I have ever had, it was so moist and flavorful! The flowerpot bread was a surprise but was so tasty! I will be coming back the first chance I get!

1  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I will remember most the waitress's voice - definitely the loudest of any wait staff I've ever encountered. Lovely young woman just several decibels louder than necessary. The flower pot bread was good, but the fresh homemade croutons were spectacular. Husband's blackened tuna served rare as opposed to medium as requested but still very good. Vegetarian entrees limited to pasta. I opted for the one without cream sauce and got linguini with too much oil but zippy flavor with just some peppers and onions. Tuna a good value. The pasta NOT. Service very good.

2  Thank VTLongTimeTraveler
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This restaurant is a great find. The waitress was very nice and the food great. The best hamburger and home made onion rings I've ever had. And loved the sweet potatoe fries. We will go back!

1  Thank Joy P