“Best Ever!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I just moved to Vandalia from Florida where we grew up. My sister and her boyfriend wanted to take us out for a "welcome to the town" dinner. I ordered the steak and it was definitely the BEST I have ever had, it was so moist and flavorful! The flowerpot bread was a surprise but was so tasty! I will be coming back the first chance I get!

1  Thank Lisa D

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I will remember most the waitress's voice - definitely the loudest of any wait staff I've ever encountered. Lovely young woman just several decibels louder than necessary. The flower pot bread was good, but the fresh homemade croutons were spectacular. Husband's blackened tuna served rare as opposed to medium as requested but still very good. Vegetarian entrees limited to pasta. I opted for the one without cream sauce and got linguini with too much oil but zippy flavor with just some peppers and onions. Tuna a good value. The pasta NOT. Service very good.

2  Thank VTLongTimeTraveler
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This restaurant is a great find. The waitress was very nice and the food great. The best hamburger and home made onion rings I've ever had. And loved the sweet potatoe fries. We will go back!

1  Thank Joy P
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We enjoyed everything about our experience here. We were greeted warmly and promptly and shown to a nice table at the front of the restaurant because of "it had the best view" according to the hostess. Deirdre, our server, was a delight: fast, friendly, and knowledgeable about the menu. She helped us with suggestions, as this was our first visit. Her enthusiasm for the quality of food served was evident as she gave us a list of her very favorite items on the menu, most of which we ended up ordering . The first of which was their wonderful blackened tuna, with the addition of their cognac cream sauce on top. The tuna steak was cooked to our preference and tasted great with the sauce she recommended. We also tried the lemon chicken almondine dish which was also delicious. Overall, we had a great meal, with great service, and will make it a point to return when we are in the area again!

4  Thank carlosolorzano
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our meal was excellent. We would certainly eat here again. When you are traveling it is a pleasure to find such a good restaurant with such good food. If you find yourself in Vandalia Illinois be sure to ear at the Gallatin Grille!!!s.

1  Thank Mimipat7