“Met all my expectations and more”

Premier Inn Shrewsbury North (Harmer Hill)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Harmer Hill
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Met all my expectations and more”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was a really good pace to stay on the north side of Shrewsbury. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel again. We didn't eat at the hotel but thought the price of breakfast was a little high but encourage by the fact that kids eat free when adults buy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I would always opt for Premier Inn for our overnight stays when breaking up a long journey. The standard of cleanliness is usually very good across the board and the rooms are well appointed so we are always confident in choosing Premier Inn wherever that may be. However, this particular one deserves special mention for the staff alone. Denise welcomed us on Sunday evening. For her nothing was too much trouble. She was friendly, but professional, interested in our comfort which is so refreshing when one has to deal with so much apathy when it comes to customer service these days. Re: Breakfast. Nice service, no complaints there. But we agree entirely with Martin W about water for the tea. Saves me elaborating but can't see why Twinings tea is used and then abused with water from a flask! After breakfast I went back to our room and made a cuppa and my husband said he would have coffee in future. That comment from a real tea lover. If boiling water is a Health and Safety issue then what about all the other potential hazards? So, Harmer Hill Premier Inn, keep up your cheery service and people will keep coming!

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Had a very nice stay at this Premier Inn, although the price of breakfast was a little high. The room was lovely, very clean and the bed was nice and comfy. Although I didn't make use of the free 30 minutes of wifi on this occasion, I've used it before in Premier Inn and it's perfectly serviceable usually.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very pleasant stay over a weekend. Quick check in by staff who were cheerful and welcoming. We had a good dinner at the adjoining pub. Two rooms, both spotlessly clean. Shower was powerful and the water was hot. Breakfast was good but the tea just didn't cut the mustard. I understand why the Premier Inn provided coffee in a flask for self service, and that is fine, but tea needs to be made with boiling water not using water kept warm in a flask. Everyone in Britain knows you need boiling water to make tea. Why, it was even highlighted in Victoria Woods recent documentary on Tea. Come on P/I, get the tea sorted out. This might seem a harsh comment but we did enjoy our stay at this P/I

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sal, Cape Verde
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We booked this as a second night in the area. The staff on reception very helpful and made us feel welcome. We had room 8 at the back very quiet could not hear the traffic. The room was comfortable and you can change the temp in the room yourself. Plenty of space in the bathroom and the shower nice and hot. I did think there was a small aroma of urine in the bathroom and i do like to know things are clean. I should have asked staff to clean through again. We had breakfast in the table table on the mon morning, glad we were little late 9.30 the eggs had just been delivered. Food hot and plenty of choice. I do think we would stay in a premier inn another time as good value.

Room Tip: Rooms at back low noise
Arundel, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Highly recommend staying at this Premier Inn. Room 2 which is at the back is quiet so undisturbed sleep. Opted for the meal deal which was very enjoyable and plentiful. The staff were very helpful at all times.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I booked the room for Easter Sunday sometime ago for my husband’s Birthday, staff are wonderful very attentive ensuring family rooms are next to each other, rooms are clean and comfortable.
Connecting door to Table to Table – lovely Easter Sunday lunch staff again attentive. Great value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Old Rectory Hotel
Hawkstone Park Hotel
Hawkstone Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Weston-under-Redcastle

Been to Premier Inn Shrewsbury North (Harmer Hill)? Share your experiences!