We had a reservation for the $350/night combo suite and were upgraded to a luxury cabin at no extra charge. Therefore, we had a 3 floor, 3 bedroom, 4 bathroom cabin at the price of a hotel room. There were 2 jacuzzi tubs, 3 fireplaces, a full kitchen including dishwasher, and a laundry room. The cabin was clean and had plenty of towels and linens. The beds were ok. Not terrible but not exceptional either. The carpet was torn in many spots and we had problems with our toes catching on them. The jacuzzi tubs were over sized and able to fit my 6'5" 300lb husband. The water park is great for kids age 1-13 (our kids age range.) The cabins and villas are a bit of a drive from the rest of the resort and it is a confusing drive at that. They gave me a map and highlighted my path and I still had trouble. I did not personally visit the amusement park but my husband and son said it was more for smaller kids. The front desk personnel were helpful and friendly. We did have one lady try to get us to go to a time share meeting but we declined and were not pressured to partake. We did not visit the restaurants or shops at the resort but loved the town of Utica. Overall it was an excellent trip and we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort offers skin-drenching fun all year long right in the beautiful setting of Starved Rock State Park. Located just 90 minutes from Chicago or the Quad Cities and an hour from Bloomington or Rockford, our 60 wooded acres offer all of nature's wonders. This includes Grand Bear Falls Indoor Waterpark, beautiful lodge accommodations, as well as our 1800 sq. ft. vacation villas and luxurious 2800 sq. ft. cabins. Enjoy a variety of dining options, including wraps, salads, hot sandwiches and made to order pizzas at Jack's Place. During the summer months guests can enjoy a view of nature at our Bear Island Pavilion & Curtis Canyon Deck. Next to Bear Island enjoy our “Castle in the Woods” playground area and test your skills at our 18 hole Canyon Creek Miniature Golf Course. All lodge rooms include a microwave, mini-fridge, hair dryer and wi-fi internet access. Our Vacation Villas are a 2-story townhome with a fully-applianced kitchen (basic pots and pans and place settings are provided), 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Our Log Cabins offer 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a fully-applianced kitchen (basic pots and pans and place settings are provided), 3 fireplace, s and an oversized Great Room. Other resort amenities include the Cave Arcade with over 60 games, the Wave Cafe Snack Shop, the Honey Pot Sweet Shop & Grizzly Bean Gourmet Coffee Shop and the Moose Crossing Convenience Store. Our Grand Bear Conference Center includes over 8000 sq. ft. of meeting space, including 6000 sq. ft. of Grand Ballroom space to accommodate your larger functions such as weddings, family reunions and corporate events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grizzly Jack`s Grand Bear Hotel Utica
- Grizzly Jacks Grand Bear Resort
- Grizzly Jacks Grand Bear Hotel