“Great place to camp!”
Review of LaSalle / Peru KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Utica
LaSalle / Peru KOA
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have camped at many privately owned campgrounds, KOA's and State and National parks. The LaSalle Peru KOA was great. The owners and their staff went out of their way to be helpful and accomodating. The grounds and facilities were clean and very well maintained. We would definitely camp there again.

Regarding the review about the rats...the only critters we saw were a few squirrels and a bunch of kids playing and having a blast!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank dsj177

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Booked 2 cabins 1 cabin by the creek for 1 night and 1 cabin by the pool for 2 nights, had confirmed this with Linda all was ok...got reservation confirmation via email, all was good. One day before trip they called to say cabin by the creek had to be closed for bug extermination problems. Half our party was unable to come and I was reassured my 2 night cabin was still a go, until the night before when I got an EMAIL that the cabin was unfortunatley only booked for 1 of the 2 nights regardless of what my confirmation stated. ????? They apoligized and that was it! My 4 and 6 yr olds were devastated. Needles to say I got a refund, my 2 cabin 2day vacation went bye bye in a matter of 24hrs before we left. Very unsatasified, Linda never offered any compensation she stated "everyone makes mistakes" . I totally understand but I called and reconfirmed second cabin 2 times. Also called KOA headquarters and got nothing but apoligies. how about a free stay for ruining our vacation, Had to scramble alittle but planned Indiania beach instead. Keeping my fingers crossed. KOA STAY AWAY

3  Thank Gina A
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Clean campsites and cabins, perfect or our first family camping trip with small kids. Had a tant site and a cabin in the shade. Pool was a blast and comfortably cool on a hot day. Kamp store was reasonably priced and had everything we 'forgot'! Everyone on the staff was kind and helpful. We had a very positive experience and the kids LOVED it. Great place to stay and day hike Starved Rock.

2  Thank Sara V
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay this past weekend. Our spot was lush and green with a beautiful view of the neighboring fields. Everything was so clean (even the outhouses!). Everyone was friendly and welcoming. We are a family with two young children and I appreciated that everyone quieted down in the evenings and didn't seem to mind that we were up right at 7 every morning. We would definitely stay here again. We spent Saturday hiking at Starved Rock and hit up the Starved Rock Marketplace for locally made ice cream on the way back to the campsite.

2  Thank birdie812
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I camped at Lasalle Peru Koa kampground over July 4 the weekend. We enjoyed our stay and will be back soon!!! The campground is very clean along with all services available. The campground is very family oriented. We felt just like family during our stay. As a special treat for this holiday weekend we got to listen to a live band. The sunsets are breath taking. Our campsite was wonderful, we even got to see fireworks from towns around the campground. The staff was very helpful, friendly and curteous. They hve several activities available for the entire family through out the weekend. My family sure enjoyed ourselves and will be back to Lasalle Peru Koa Kampground soon. I would recommend this campground to all my friends and family and anyone looking for a great getaway!!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Lmeloun
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I both love the outdoors, so we've been eagerly anticipating the day we could get our daughters out for their first camping experience. KOA seems to have a good reputation for "family friendly" camping, so we gave it a shot for our first time out.

Upon arrival, everything looked pretty good. Campground was easy to find and clean, though a little crowded. The activities listed for the day were candy bingo at 4pm, a hayride at 7pm, and a band at 8pm. We set up camp, and then my two year old enjoyed swimming with her mom while I took my four year old fishing on the Illinois river.

By 8:30, we figured the band either wasn't going to play or was playing somewhere out of earshot, so we got the kids ready for bed, tucked in, and off to sleep. An hour or so later we heard a drummer start playing and a microphone check. This continued for about 15 minutes and then a guitar started warming up. Any parent with young kids knows how hard it can be to get them to sleep at all, let alone on their first camping trip.

I walked up to the office around 9:45 to see what was going on. The band was getting ready to start, whenever the last guitar decided to show up. It didn't matter that they had missed their 8pm time by 2 hours, the owners wanted them to play anyway. After discussing it with Linda and Dave for about 20 minutes, it was clear they didn't care about the kids or other families in the campground, and they clearly didn't care about their own posted "Quiet Hours" of 10pm to 7am.

Linda offered to refund our money or move us to a cabin (which would have been closer to the band), but at 10pm this was too little too late. Waking little kids up to move to another campsite, a cabin, or even a local hotel would have ruined their sleep and ours. It's a good thing the wifi internet this campground supposedly offers wasn't working, because it kept me from looking up the non-emergency number to the LaSalle-Peru Police at 10:15pm to file a noise complaint when the band did start playing. This didn't warrant a 911 call, but I did consider it. The band played until 11:15pm for an audience of about 15 people, 2 of which were the campground owners and at least another 3 came with the band.

For anyone considering this location, pay attention to the reviews and don't be swayed by the fact the Linda apparently replies to every negative review. This could be a really nice campground, but the owners don't seem to care much about the people camping there. We definitely will not be returning, and doubt we'll be considering other KOA sites in the future, as this one was apparently an award winning KOA property. There's a different family friendly campground right up the road called Hickory something that we'll be trying next time.

6  Thank Matt W
Reviewed July 6, 2013

very nice place,clean,with many trees and a lot of green grass,my favorite campground that I just discovered so close to home-we will be coming back for sure! Staff friendly and very helpful.Bathrooms and showers are very clean,this place is wonderfull,with the nice pool(very clean too,i enjoyed my morning cup of coffe in the comfort of a lounge chair in a shade while kiddos were swimming),they also have nice playground,beautifull place to just take walks ,nice and quet at night(I was happy to read other reviews to find out that loud drinking parties are not tolerated and was not disappointed at all-it was nice and quiet after dark.Once again-we loved it and will be back for sure!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Been to LaSalle / Peru KOA? Share your experiences!