“Not for fun”
Review of LaSalle / Peru KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Utica
LaSalle / Peru KOA
Chicago
“Not for fun”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Let me just start off by saying that if you are looking to have a good time, look elsewhere.

Sure, the place is clean and family friendly but the people that work here are just plain mean. Dan has obviously had a rough life and it shows. He doesn't treat his guests very well, right from the start.

I went with some friends and eventually, we had a bunch of people from other campsites hanging out with us. To me, this seems what camping should be about. There was a Kid Rock concert that night and a lot of people were getting back from there.

So, if you're looking for a good time, this isn't the place to go. If you're boring, go there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Jeffrey B
Linda W, Owner at LaSalle / Peru KOA, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
If you are looking to party all night you should stay elsewhere.
We are not mean...we don't tolerate ignorant behavior.
Not sure who Dan is, but I hope he has a better life.
I agree that campers should mingle and hang out together, but the socializing should not begin upon returning from a concert after midnight.
So if you're looking for a drunk time this isn't the place to go.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We were greeted by a very rude man named Dave. He is the owner and has zero people skills to put it nicely. Do Not Come Here If You Want To Have Fun. There is alcohol allowed but he frowns upon it. I think he needs serious anger management. Others at campground said the same. He wanted to fight one of my friends. This man is very dangerous. I reported him to KOA CORPORATE.

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank bigbearclaw
You are mad for getting kicked out. Do not come here if you want to get drunk and disrespect fellow campers. We frown upon alcohol when people cannot drink responsibly. Dave doesn't need anger management.....we need to keep groups like yourselves out of here. It was your friend that was in Dave's face and a couple of campers stepped up to cover his back because they saw what was going on. You couldn't follow our rules....you were asked to leave.
Reviewed September 24, 2011

This is the first time we have to this campground and it has been wonderful! We stayed in July @ Hickory Hollow Campground down the road and it was nice, but this KOA was better. The bathroom/showerhouse were excellent (one of the best we've used and we camp ALOT) and very clean. There is only one very clean and well venilated bathroom/showerhouse with 3 flush toliets and 3 shower stalls (with hot water and you can adjust the dials to whatever temp) and 4 sinks with mirrors. The park is very small and the sites are a little on the smaller side, but they are very nice and grassy. You have your own W/E hookups and fire ring and picnic table. The pool was closed for the season, but it looked nice. The staff has been wonderful! They have someone escort you to your site and brought firewood to you and were very helpful recommend places to visit and eat at. Close to Starved Rock & Matthieson Park. Very affordable and easy to get to. Would highly recommend for families!

• Stayed September 2011
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed August 28, 2011

This was our first trip to this KOA. We went with some friends who have been here before. I came to the camp first. My friends were on their way. My husband had to work so he was coming in later. I explained to the lady at the registration desk about this and she was extremely nice and considerate. After my husband arrived he had to stop into the office to check in and he was interragated by this man who asked about his parking and how many people are on his site and a bunch of other questions. We had 5 adults and 7 kids all together. With there being a maximum of 6 people per site...we were well within the maximum. But it made us feel like we were doing something wrong to be questioned. Overall the place was nice and clean. The people visiting were mostly families around us. There were a group of creepy guys that kept talking to me and my teenage daughter. But my daughter let them know how ahe felt. I would go again to camp but if we are treated that way again by the owner/management I will make sure they know how I feel. I would give more stars overall but when someone treats my family that way it puts a sour taste in my mouth.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kayrn99
Channahon, Illinois
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed at this campground and had a fabulous time!! The owners were so friendly!! They had a hayride on Saturday night and a kid's movie that followed. Thanks so much for a fabulous time!!! We will definitely be returning!!!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Spearfish, South Dakota
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This was the best place we stayed on our 2300 mile trip. The owner was very pleasant and accomodating. She "left the light on for us", as we were coming in late. The facilities were very clean and the price was affordable. I would recommend this KOA to everyone!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank synchkyn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area

Been to LaSalle / Peru KOA? Share your experiences!