All reviewsperkins restaurantstayed herenice poolcomplimentary breakfastwalking distancechampaign urbanaroom was cleanfresh fruitconvenient locationgreat place to staywould definitely stay here againin townfitness centerwafflesstaff was friendlychecking inparking lot
Reviewed June 13, 2007

I was impressed -- the place was clean, the staff was very friendly and efficient, the wireless internet worked perfectly, they let you keep your car in the lot long past checkout (perfect if you're staying there for a U of I seminar or somesuch). Cost a little more than I was looking to pay this trip, but at least there was a good return for the money.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 8, 2007

This is a very nice Hampton Inn. I stayed here for two nights with colleagues due to meetings we had at the university. The Inn is right across the street from the university's engineering school. It was very nice, comfortable and the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Our rate was $79/night at the government rate, which is a little over per diem rates but it was worth it for the convenience and the large, free breakfast, which helped us save in other areas. My supervisor said she stayed here several years before and it was awful but that it seems they did a lot of remodelling and upgrading since then. They even scheduled the taxi for our early pick-up to the airport the next morning and took car of the charges for us ahead of time. They had a pool and sauna as well which looked very inviting even though I did not bring a suit and was too busy working anyway. The rooms and beds were very comfortable and they had fruit, coffee and cookies in the lobby that you could grab at any time of the day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who has business in the area.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 7, 2006

We stayed at the Urbana Hampton Inn one night for freshman orientation in June. It was much nicer than we thought it might be. The lobby was clean and spacious, the staff was very friendly, and the breakfast was very nice. The rooms were clean and spacious, and there were lots of extra pillows. The only problem was safety in the bathroom. The shower curtain was not wide enough for the bathtub opening, so there was always water going onto the floor while someone was showering. (Why can't hotels give us rubber-backed rugs instead of those flimsy towel-rugs anyway?) This made it very slippery. What's worse is that the bottom of the bathtub was not at all flat. It sort of formed a trough, so that it was hard to get safe footing, especially when entering for exiting the tub on the end away from the shower nozzle. I'm sorry to say that one in our party fell in the tub and was injured.

Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank lrdavis5
Reviewed May 16, 2006

This hotel was beautiful. It was very recently remodeled... everything seemed as if it was shiny-new and perfect. It had wonderful details, like a comforter/sheet combined thing that definitely gets washed every time, unlike most hotel comforters. Everything is BRAND NEW. The breakfast was OK. It is inexpensive compared to other hotels around. I stayed on graduation weekend. Lovely experience. There is free internet-- not even crappy wireless, but actual ethernet-- the rooms are very spacious and the bathrooms are, too, and well-equipped for those with handicaps. The room was beautiful and very comfortable. Out of the 6 or so hotels I've stayed at in Champaign, I'd rate it the best. I will look there first the next time I'm back.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank brightmidnight8
Reviewed May 9, 2006

Overall, I was pleased with my stay at this hotel. The room was spacious and clean. The furniture was new with lots of workspace. There was free wireless (and ethernet) internet access. There were some nice added touches -- for example, a "lap desk" and comfortable chair with ottoman for relaxed working and good pillow/comforter on the bed. My main complaint was that the shower had horrible water pressure (too low) and did not get very warm. Also, on my first try to use the "business center" (computer with printer in the lobby), the internet was down. This is a convenient and fairly-priced hotel for travelers needing to be near the university.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business